• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrab on Peach?

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I have done really really really minimal testing on this (by which I mean I tried like 4 times on a lvl1 Peach AI), but it looks like there may be an fthrow chaingrab on Peach. I didn't look at any other floaties, but it seemed to work on her. Is this a true chaingrab or is it just that low level AIs don't do jack squat? If it is a true chaingrab, is there anybody else it works on?

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Low level AI doesn't DI

Any peach can just hold down and tech away

Rlagkrud

Smash Cadet
chain grab for forward/down throw only works if they DI in.
assuming your opponent has horrendous DI, yes it is infinite.

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
I've got a buddy that plays a lot of Peach. If I grab at 0%, I can usually chain around 3 fthrows before he can DI out of it. And it works low/mid percent with bad DI obviously

DeadPigeon

Smash Apprentice
chain grab for forward/down throw only works if they DI in.
assuming your opponent has horrendous DI, yes it is infinite.
Not sure about peach, but a lot of characters have to actively DI away for the 'chaingrab' not to work. Given that the fthrow animation is too short to react to and DI on time, they have to predict that you are going to fthrow before you actually do so and DI based on this prediction. So even if it is not a true chain throw on good DI, the fact that they need to predict your throw means that you can attempt to catch them off guard with a fast grab->throw or by mixing fthrows and uthrows. I personally really like upthrow, but throwing in a fthrow 10% of the time catches a lot of people DIing for uthrow and I get an easy grab/dtilt/fsmash. Similarly, in the ditto, it's often better to go for fthrow->fsmash and hope they miss the DI rather than trying to chain grab and giving them time to DI properly.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah, DI away gets her out. It even works in dittos and vs fox/falco at 0% (3 grabs total, then switch to uthrow or dthrow [DI trap] jab reset and regrab). It's just fast enough that it can work/beat DI kinda often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom