• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrab Help?

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
Well, I tried to practice chaingrabs today, but with really no progress.

Every time I tried to do Pbthrow to Ngrab, it worked 1/3 of the time, and then whenever I tried another grab Popo would just miss the grab and dash past them or it'd be timed wrong. And the pthrow ngrab would only work until around 50% for some reason.

Sometimes when I pbthrow to ngrab nana just seems to want to run in the opposite direction or dodge backwards for some reason (even though I only pressed Z).

Then I tried to do alternating f-throws, popo would throw, but then nana would either miss the grab, or just do a dash grab way too far past the enemy (I practiced on Kirby by the way).

I can do pdthrow to Nnair spike chaingrab, but that's the easiest one for me and it's no good after around 25% anyways.

Any advice on how to fix my extreme dilemma?

Rykard

Smash Ace
practice, thats all it takes honestly. if you do it long enough omething will click and you will eventaully get the timing. there isnt any real advice that can be given on this except for maybe practice on an easier character to chain grab such as marth or peach

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
practice, thats all it takes honestly. if you do it long enough omething will click and you will eventaully get the timing. there isnt any real advice that can be given on this except for maybe practice on an easier character to chain grab such as marth or peach
Well, I'll work on it, but is there anything I should look for if I want to try it on 1/4 speed or 1/2 speed?

p.s. I discovered in my tinkering that if you pdthrow to nblizzard or nsquall on heavy characters, they get stuck to the ground until the attack ends and then they go flying (this works on DDD so I think it works for all heavies)

so maybe we can figure out a way to get a grab after this or something...just a thought...

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
I went to practice mode and practice all the chain grabs until I can do it 10 times in a row. Then I fought a DK lvl 9 and used all of them on him. Alternating throws is still a problem for me.

Rykard

Smash Ace
i wouldnt recommend doing it on anything but regular speed in your practice but for the forward throw alternate (my best one which i hardly ever mess up) it could help to do the nana/popo grab right as the throwing ice climber is about to hit your opponent with his/her mallet.

also for me if my timing gets off during a match to where i have trouble chain grabbing, i start doing footstool to ice block since it is to me, the easiest chaingrab to do and works the most consistantly on every character in the game

Top Bottom