• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Tether

Hashire Kazemeijin

Smash Cadet
Anybody have the exact timing on this recovery? I've seen CPUs use the Chain to tether w/out the start-up animation of drawing the chain. I keep trying, but I never get it right, and even if I do hit the edge with the chain, it just coils up and I plummet until I vanish.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's not timing, it's distance. Are you using Chain from the proper distance, or are you too far away?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
It's possible you're using the chain too far above the ledge too.

Ankoku, is your new avatar from Immaterial and Missing Power? I assume your a huge fan of the touhou project.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That means you were either blocked by something, or you already used it three times before landing and thus it won't work until you land again.

Takumaru: Yes, my current one is Sakuya Izayoi, from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and appearing in all the other games after that except for Mountain of Faith. She's the maid who throws knives and stops time.

Before that I had Flandre Scarlet, also from EoSD, who was a vampire with rainbow wings, and before that I had Marisa Kirisame, who's been in a whole lot of Touhou games and is a witch who has a ridiculously powerful spell called the Master Spark.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
If you're too far away, you'll just do a normal chain attack. It will still do the recovery animation if you're at a certain distance but still too far away. You just need to figure out how close you need to be.

Top Bottom