• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Judge

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
is the best custom Judge IMO. The only downsides are a slightly weaker 9 and a bit more commitment, in return for a much more consistent move. Why don't more sets use it?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
is the best custom Judge IMO. The only downsides are a slightly weaker 9 and a bit more commitment, in return for a much more consistent move. Why don't more sets use it?
The uses for Game & Watch's customs are largely unexplored. In my experience, however, Chain Judge's super low knockback with low numbers makes it punishable on hit (at least 1-3, possibly 4 but can't remember). In general it does better against shields but is worse when used in the air. Its generally higher damage output is nice, though.

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
It is of course the best option, I have always included it in my custom setup - though it is largely unnecessary.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
The uses for Game & Watch's customs are largely unexplored. In my experience, however, Chain Judge's super low knockback with low numbers makes it punishable on hit (at least 1-3, possibly 4 but can't remember). In general it does better against shields but is worse when used in the air. Its generally higher damage output is nice, though.
Yeah, but those have terrible knockback anyway. I guess it is slightly more punishable because of the chain, but I feel that is outweighed by the upsides.
Isn't Chain Judge used in every EVO set, or at least a good chunk?
Actually, I screwed up when checking the sets. :facepalm: 9 out of 10 of the sets have Chain Judge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom