• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Jacket with items, Test results.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
I went to work testing the chain jacket on various Items. Im here to publish my report.
Below is a list if Items that I was able to sucessfuly jacket.

Smash Orb- Chain takes on the HitStun, noticable when the FS first hits. Its really fun and interesting to play with.

Home Run Bat- Um, the hitbox for the home run bat was kinda weird. It seemed to be on sheiks body instead of on the whip. smash hits jacketed were the strangest of all, Any hit from behind sheik, whip included, would be an instasmash, while hits from the front rarly were able to send your opponent flying unless they were as close to sheik as possible.

Super Spicy Curry- This one was awsome, It had a strong downward knockback. I would suggest using this to learn chain jacketing, because SSC will always be the move you last did as long as the item is in effect.

Warpstar- It had sting, and a mild knockback, I couldnt get any hits behind sheik to sting, and they had a strong knockback towards sheiks front.

Beam Sword- very simmilar to the Home Run bat

Hammer- Strong upward knockback w/sting

Fan- Exactly the same as a hit with the fan, even with the same sound effects. a fan smash jacket had no effect on sheilds ;_;

Screw attack- This was intence. The knockback was always upward, above sheik. So if the were to the left of you, the knockback would be up/right, but if they're to the right, Up/left.
I could easily juggle CPUs without end.

Star Rod- Coudnt get tilts or smash to work, but simple A worked very simmilar to sword and bat

Ray gun? -I think it may have worked, But if it did the knockback was too similar to that of a normal SH chain to tell if it was without further investigation :)

Golden hammer?- "

Sqeaky hammer?- "

Fire Flower?- "

[Edit]

I did some more tests, Ive been unable to get SSC to work again, and Ive confimed that the gay gun does NOT work.

I did Usmash, then shot the ray gun, then did chain jacket, and it was jacketed with Usmash.

I would suspect something simmilar happened with the SSC, exept for the fact that it had a strong downward knockback, and I have no idea what would have caused that.

Im Fairly sure I was able to get an Assist Trophy to work, I beleive it was samurai whatachaface that I jacketed.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Im suprised. Normally a thread gets pretty consistently 10 views for each reply.
So far, this has gotten at least 11, and not one peep.

Is there just no new information in here, or is my thread title just too generic?

Hmmm... *ponders*

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Im suprised. Normally a thread gets pretty consistently 10 views for each reply.
So far, this has gotten at least 11, and not one peep.

Is there just no new information in here, or is my thread title just too generic?

Hmmm... *ponders*
Heh, sometimes it takes a while for some threads to get posts on 'em :D

Interesting test results, I wouldn't even think it'd work for Super Spicy Curry (or the Ray Gun for that matter). These tests results are nice, but they won't find to much in-battle use as many people usually play without items in a 1on1 (and if there were items, I'm sure people won't use the Chain as much). However, they are fun to play around with and explore the possibilities of Sheik's Chain Jacket.

One thing that should definitely be looked into is if throwing an item can be jacketed seeing that SSC and the Ray Gun, two things that I didn't think could be jacketed, could be jacketed. Also, I didn't expect grabs to be jacketable either; but I was proven wrong. If it does work with throwable items, I could see definite Chain jacket potential vs. Peach (Turnips) and ROB (Gyro) and to a lesser extent, Snake (Grenades) and Diddy (Bananas).

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I certainly hope throwable items from opponents can be jacketed because then it could eliminate them from using the item as much during a match. It would be funny to watch a grenade-less Snake.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Heh, sometimes it takes a while for some threads to get posts on 'em :D

Interesting test results, I wouldn't even think it'd work for Super Spicy Curry (or the Ray Gun for that matter). These tests results are nice, but they won't find to much in-battle use as many people usually play without items in a 1on1 (and if there were items, I'm sure people won't use the Chain as much). However, they are fun to play around with and explore the possibilities of Sheik's Chain Jacket.

One thing that should definitely be looked into is if throwing an item can be jacketed seeing that SSC and the Ray Gun, two things that I didn't think could be jacketed, could be jacketed. Also, I didn't expect grabs to be jacketable either; but I was proven wrong. If it does work with throwable items, I could see definite Chain jacket potential vs. Peach (Turnips) and ROB (Gyro) and to a lesser extent, Snake (Grenades) and Diddy (Bananas).
Ill do testing with throwing items later tonight if i get the chance.

Actually, Testing stuff is turning out to be better training then I could have ever imagined. Im getting a sucessful jacket 20% of the time, and I only just started training it yesterday.

And actually, gernades would probably be put to better use if you use them to make an opening for a transform ( Time it so it explodes in your hand, just before transform finishes )
I actually havnt tried this out yet... But it sounds like a good stratigy :p

Top Bottom