• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

chain grapple

legion598

Smash Ace
i remember hearing or reading that shiek had a chain grapple i may have confused this with hearing about her chain lock and was wondering if she did have a chain grapple

-Mars-

Smash Hero
i remember hearing or reading that shiek had a chain grapple i may have confused this with hearing about her chain lock and was wondering if she did have a chain grapple
Uhhh I ahve no clue what your talking about.......*shrugs* her chain can grab the edge........

legion598

Smash Ace
chain grab= a player grabs an opponent the playyer throws the opponent and grabs them again during the hit stun falco does this all the time its not that complicated folks. but judging by everyones answers i think i can conlude that she does not have a chain grab

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Oh chain grab....... I didn't understand that you were asking this. And no her chain can't grab anyone.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Your problem was using the terminology "Chain Grapple", which is rather ambiguous. You could have been asking if the character had some sort of ranged grab attack, if they had some sort of ledge tether, if the Chain was itself a grab, anything.

As for Chain Grabbing, not so much. Sheik is capable of getting a few consecutive F-Throws/B-Throws against the faster falling characters, pending DI, but it is a risky gambit, and it would be better to simply F-throw/B-throw to Ftilt Lock against these same characters.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Wow, you people are weird.

He was asking if you can "grab" someone with the end of the Chain. Like Samus/Zamus/Link.

The answer is no. The chain is for attacking only.

The tip shocks the opponents, while the rest only damages them.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
rofl this thread rocks

-she has no chaingrabs that i am aware of (like dthrow -> dthrow)
-she does have a chain lol
-she can tether with her chain
-her chain does damage to, but doesn't grab opponents
-she has a regular grab
-you can keep someone in hitstun with the chain aka chain lock

that about covers everything

Top Bottom