• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

chain grab issue

Staynless

Smash Rookie
im tryin to learn smash step by step and i juss got the wavedash to where i don even have to think about it but im tryin to CG and my friend who plays falco juss falls on top of me and goes through Marth ...im not sure if its timing or what , but i throw him up and i guess im misisng ? i dont know but im really confused about it

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Just keep chasing until about 30%. If he doesn't DI, don't move and grab again (your timing might be off). Above 30%, use dash danced grabs until he DIs in a direction (50-60%) then fsmash. If he doesn't DI, use a pivoted smash or walk forward and smash back. The latter is easier.

Staynless

Smash Rookie
so when you grab and they do not fly very high u let them land and then chase them ?

Schweppes

Smash Ace
If you grab the Falco at 0%, use Fthrow twice instead of Uthrow. At 0-5~%, Fthrow puts Falco right into a landing position so you can grab again (at higher percents they hit the ground and can techroll and whatnot). Then proceed to Uthrow, and up to 30~%, you simply have to turn and grab, no dash needed. You can then chaingrab to 40~%, but you have to dash to the side they DI to catch them. If they don't DI, dashdance -> JC grab. Once you're around 40~% (better below than above), Uthrow -> Utilt -> grab.

At this point, there's a couple things to do. If the Falco is DI'ing to the side you can catch them with a tipper Fsmash. If not, you can USmash, Utilt, Uair, -> some form of ****. Just experiment and you'll come up with combos.

Other than that, mastering CGing is simply a matter of practicing the timing and learning to follow DI. It'll come with practice, just don't give up too quickly.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
odds are if he's falling through Marth your missing, most likely just by a little bit. I suggest going to training, setting the computer to evade and practicing. You gotta be JUST in front of him, to much and you miss, to little and, well, you miss.

Make sure that your grabbing him .3 seconds before he touches the ground.

CloroxBleach

Smash Cadet
jc grab right when he hits the top of your head
follow that and u can chain grab up always

Top Bottom