• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CG'n Pikachu Update

J4pu

Smash Champion
It seems the Pikachu group has found a way to break the CG earlier, a Dair timed at the right moment. There may be a problem with the Falco CG'n the Pika but some of the breaks in the video look legit to me (the first one is bs, and the second one could probably have been grabbed but others look real)
There is currently a debate going on about whether this tactic only works with lag (online/HDTV), so it might not be correct. Just thought I'd give everybody a heads up.

Here's the thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179216

Ulevo

Smash Master
I noticed in the video the Faclo is performing a Dash Grab. I wonder if a simple grab from walking would work better. I rarely ever use the Dash Grab, and I find it much easier to use.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
BAH! Another reason to hate playing Pikachus. *grumble grumble*

zamz

Smash Journeyman
It looks like that Falco fails miserably at the chaingrab...So I think it's hard to say this tactic works. Based off that video, it appears as if the Falco user leaves room for Pikachu to attack. Look at him go! He almost runs past Pikachu before he makes his next grab. He's certainly not buffering anything.

Regardless of any move, Falco should have enough time to grab, D-throw and then U-smash. From this video, Falco can't even do anything before Pikachu attacks. This Falco wouldn't have enough time to pull off an U-smash if he wanted. I think the tactic would be known by now if the technique rendered Falco-grabbing completely useless. I mean, if Falco can't even pull off an U-Smash after the grab, Falco's done. Finished. LOL.

I'd like to see a Pika attempt to do this technique against Sethlon. It won't happen.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Falco looks bad. I'm sure walking cg on Pikachu works fine.

Top Bottom