• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CF's underused move application thread

Maister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkinnyCentaur
Here we discuss whatever moves do not see enough use in certain ways. Simply post a video or explain how to utilize a move that is underused or in your opinion can be used in a new way. I think that f tilt, u-tilt for combos, and up b for killing deserve mpre use. Here's a video that shows some insane up tilt spike combo's. If they tech it's a tech chase scenario. Show me ya moves!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSfZrZ7pVIU

Aidalator64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidalator64
I think cross up dairs are quite underused in neutral especially against characters who are as tall or taller than mario in which you can Full Hop cross up dair em an land behind without any landing lag which is safe on shield, I don't have any vids tho

Last edited:

Maister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkinnyCentaur
I think cross up dairs are quite underused in neutral especially against characters who are as tall or taller than mario in which you can Full Hop cross up dair em an land behind without any landing lag which is safe on shield, I don't have any vids tho
Agreed. I remember trifroze saying that in one of his vids. Also the dair hitbox that does not spike is quite usefull with more ko power then bair.

Maister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkinnyCentaur
2nd hit of Nair, I've gotten some pretty nice kills with it as I've chased people off stage with it.
True. Also the first hit should be used more. The footstool combo out of it and kill setups are absouloutley insane.

Last edited:

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
If the opponent is to the very side of the stage then you can do up air that will move them a bit away from the stage then to up tilt spike to KO them. I did that and it is pretty useful to take them out at low percents.

Maister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkinnyCentaur
If the opponent is to the very side of the stage then you can do up air that will move them a bit away from the stage then to up tilt spike to KO them. I did that and it is pretty useful to take them out at low percents.
Kos lil mac and dk at 15 percent yup.

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
Up B, especially out of shield.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video consists of innumerable pictures, I'll just let two videos of myself playing speak for themselves:

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Dash Attack is overused by low skill players, but underused by high skill players. It's fairliy fast and good to throw out if the opponent expects a grab. Falcon Kick is also a good mixup option.

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
Dash Attack is overused by low skill players, but underused by high skill players. It's fairliy fast and good to throw out if the opponent expects a grab. Falcon Kick is also a good mixup option.
Very true, I like to sometimes dash attack and then bait an air dodge for a knee. I've killed sometimes with this tactic.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Weak knees are incredibly amazing tools for edgguarding: as it is Falcon's only durable aerial hitbox, it can scoop through ledge vulnerability with relative ease and, if timed around the last active frames, can be followed-up with an uair, or, against slower foes who have used their double jump, even another knee.

Not to mention the possibility of getting away with a sweetspot knee if the opponent upBs earlier when recovering, like the first KO here, at 0:26:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Grounded Falcon kick as an anti air. Yeah that's right, as an anti air. It moves your hurtbox down on startup and has a giant and strong hitbox at the start. If someone jumps at you with a spaced aerial while they're at kill percents, you can often kill them outright with the kick.

Also, dair after a down throw as a second choice to kneeing from an airdodge read. The chest hitbox is still quite strong and you don't have to worry about timing for a sweetspot. It also covers more vertical range.

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
Grounded Falcon kick as an anti air. Yeah that's right, as an anti air. It moves your hurtbox down on startup and has a giant and strong hitbox at the start. If someone jumps at you with a spaced aerial while they're at kill percents, you can often kill them outright with the kick.

Also, dair after a down throw as a second choice to kneeing from an airdodge read. The chest hitbox is still quite strong and you don't have to worry about timing for a sweetspot. It also covers more vertical range.
Could you also use that as a setup for a meteor off stage?

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613

I would have never thought to use Falcon Kick as an anti air. I seen that scenario before of it killing someone taking an aerial approach, but I didn't think of the possibility of that player using it as an anti air but rather just throwing it out.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I would have never thought to use Falcon Kick as an anti air. I seen that scenario before of it killing someone taking an aerial approach, but I didn't think of the possibility of that player using it as an anti air but rather just throwing it out.
I mean, that's the way it IS used right now lol. It's like that last ditch "Get me out of here!" that people throw out in desperation, but I've seen it many times take a stock from an unexpecting opponent using a low aerial approach.

Top Bottom