• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cereal lag

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I get online last night to play wifi for the first time..all pumped and stuff, and I go to 'with anyone' not having any friends yet, but when i go in there...70% of the time it eventually disconnects and the times when i do connect the lag is unbelievable. but when i go online or guitar hero III i don't have and haven't had any problems since i've aquired wifi. my friends right now at school said they have played online with friends and anyone modes and experienced lag as well, but they also can get on GTIII and internet just fine. i don't get it. help??? :/

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
Best I can say is GH3 is 1v1, and doesnt ahve as much going on on the screen, theres little deviation from the set note chart that it has to transmit between 2 wiis.

But brawl, theres so much processing that goes on, and between 4 people, that its bound to lag even a bit, the Dojo even said that (somewhere...).

Out of the 7 online matches i've done, 2 have been lag filled, other 5 were crystal clear.

Thats really not too bad.

Kevko5212

Smash Rookie
You can't compare guitar hero 3 and ssbb online. It's very easy for guitar hero 3 to make it appear as if there's no lag.

When playing guitar hero 3, you are hitting preset notes, so you're really just playing the game locally with someone watching it elsewhere. If there's lag, people just see it slightly differently than what you see. For example, if you are playing notes ABC and you miss note A. If there's no lag, the person you're playing with will see you miss note A. But if there's lag, they may see you miss note C, even though you really missed note A.

When playing ssbb, the actions of your opponent aren't preset, so the game actually slows down in order to transfer what actually happened on the other side.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
hmmm..well at least i'm not alone. but are you guys telling me there is nothing i can do?

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
umm..

with anyone brawl is laggy because you could be battling people from japan and such...

i dont mind it...its kinda annoying, but you have to give it to em....its alright.

EggSucker

Smash Cadet
Canada - Somewhere cold Mains: Yoshi, Pikachu, F
I've done 30 random battles so far on Wifi. 2 lagged out really, really badly, it took 10 minutes until it unfroze itsself, then the second one I just got disconnected. About 3 were slightly laggy and slow input time for moves but the others were as fast as a normal multiplayer brawl.

So, 25/30 isn't so bad, yes? You just have to hope everyone has fast internet and it's not a very busy time (after school/evening)

6footninja

Smash Ace
I didnt get lag that bad, of course im pretty far from my router, so connecting to a game was sometimes troublesome. 1/10 games I played got "major" lag. The rest were either understandable lag or none

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys only playing "With Anyone"? If you try it "With Friends", the experience should be significantly better. Admittedly, some of the matches did start out laggy, but it eventually got better. Either that, or I got used to it.

Anyway, if you can, "With Friends" is the way to go.

Top Bottom