• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO Project M Announcement Speculation

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Bought Wii, SD Card, Pro Controller, Wii Mote Motion Plus, copy of Brawl and a few other Nintendo games because PM got me interested in Zelda/Metroid.

... So yeah.
You best be playing some Metroid Prime soon, son. Put those fairy boys in tights away and get yourself a real woman.

Last edited:

DarklyBigRabbi

Smash Cadet
Yes they did.
I bought a new Wii because my old one was breaking down and I needed to play 3.0
Pretty sure he means he bought Brawl and an SD card twice, specifically for PM. And I think it's more common than you give it credit for. 2 of my friends have each bought a Wii, a copy of Brawl, and an SD card specifically for PM in the past 3 months.
No doubt there are people who bought a Wii/Brawl for Project M, but just how many? A thousand? Ten thousand? That doesn't matter as much when the game has already sold 12 million+ on its own. At the very least, it's not a reason for Nintendo to let PM keep going when they're already rolling in Brawl sales. I'm just as happy as anybody that PM won't be taken down, but let's not delude ourselves here.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I think GC controls are superior to motion controls.
I dunno why I hear everyone complaining about the motion controls, it was simple and it worked. Never had any problems with it.

Now, Skyward Sword, on the other hand...

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
No doubt there are people who bought a Wii/Brawl for Project M, but just how many? A thousand? Ten thousand? That doesn't matter as much when the game has already sold 12 million+ on its own. At the very least, it's not a reason for Nintendo to let PM keep going when they're already rolling in Brawl sales. I'm just as happy as anybody that PM won't be taken down, but let's not delude ourselves here.
I dunno, if I were Nintendo and people were buying something that they consider an inferior product, I'd be pretty happy with it, even if it was only thousands of copies. That's just me though.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's more like the shield bash motions feel super inconsistent. Everything else is fine and pointer-aiming + free move on the Wii version is amazing. The Gamecube version has a free camera, quick spin, and backflipping off Epona though.

Last edited:

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
Regardless of any case, we should be ecstatic by the fact that Nintendo has not sent PM into oblivion yet as they already know of it (If it was Square or Capcom, we would've gotten screwed by now). A reason might be because they've seen that Project M has increased Wii sales + Brawl because of it. How much? I'm not sure, but what I am sure is Reggie probably has a graph somewhere.

As for an update? I'm really just looking forward to character balancing most of all.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Personally, I think we'll see (an early build of) a new character, then a tease at another one or two. At least, we'll get some new costumes and maybe a new feature or two.

inb4 Slippy and Ike Climbers

Last edited:

red9rd

Smash Ace
I just hope they un PM the stages. everything starting to look like battlefield and final destination to me

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I just hope they un PM the stages. everything starting to look like battlefield and final destination to me
go play brawl you filthy scrub

but seriously just download different stages, we happen to like the ones we have now

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
1.Iirc correctly, they plan on bringing back the casual stages after the stage expansion is perfected.
2.There's lots of differences. Don't be one of THOSE people.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Guys, we're a minority of a minority. Our impact on Wii and Brawl sales is probably negligible. 616,228 downloads (taken from the PM site) is minuscule compared to 12.17 million copies of Brawl. Considering that Nintendo stopped making both new copies of the game and Wiis a long time ago, any revenue that comes from the copies and Wiis floating around now has probably already been collected.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
Guys, we're a minority of a minority. Our impact on Wii and Brawl sales is probably negligible. 616,228 downloads (taken from the PM site) is minuscule compared to 12.17 million copies of Brawl. Considering that Nintendo stopped making both new copies of the game and Wiis a long time ago, any revenue that comes from the copies and Wiis floating around now has probably already been collected.
Also, how many of those downloads are unique downloads? I found myself downloading multiple times as the updates came along and when I switched between hackless and non-hackless versions.

How many of those downloads came from people who solely bought the SSBB and a Wii just for PM?

Not directed to anyone specifically, just saying "I bought a Wii, SD card, and SSBB just for PM" in reply to my claim that not a lot of people bought those things for PM does not prove a lot of people bought those things for PM. You're representing one person only, which is yourself.

Don't fear about PM shutting down either. The most Nintendo could do is say stop, and potentially remove this section of the forums and all PM related things. There will still be downloads available of whatever current version it will be which can be received through people. I know I'm keeping my copy. Sure, major tournaments could be removed, but that doesn't stop people from playing the mod with other people at all. The only thing we should fear is the development of the mod itself, which I'm not because Nintendo, as far as I know, will not do anything about it.

Chevy

Smash Ace
I can attest for two copies of Brawl, purchased by friends retail from Walmart just to play PM. Not to argue that it's made a huge impact on sales, because it is most likely negligible.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
I can attest for two copies of Brawl, purchased by friends retail from Walmart just to play PM. Not to argue that it's made a huge impact on sales, because it is most likely negligible.
A good purchase nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

ok so here's what's gonna happen- the tournament will be fun, the best players are going to win, and everyone will complain about any characters that do well. then when everyone starts whining about that character, everyone else will complain about fox instead.

/thread

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
All Star versus, Light Suit Samus, OoT Ganon, and Classic Pit confirmed.

Edit: and Lucaryu, Lucario dressed as Ryu from Street Fighter.

Editoo: It's more of a Pokémon reference than I initially thought, it's something like Fighter Gi Lucario, wearing an Expert Belt and Focus Band like the hold items from Pokémon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom