• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2014 Reveals Belt, MLG Qualifier CEO Prologue Tomorrow

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
CEO 2014 has revealed the exclusive belt that winners of the tournament, being held June 27-29th in Orlando, Florida, will receive. CEO is themed after boxing fights, including a real boxing ring where the finals will be played. The news was covered by IGN early today. Alex Jebailey also recently revealed that this weekends Prologue tournament will be an MLG Qualifier in a joint effort with Major League Gaming. In a cooperative move, MLG will also fly out the winner of their June 20th-22nd Anaheim tournament to CEO 2014.

CEO has become a big supporter of both Project M and Super Smash Brothers Melee. You can support the prize pool for each game through a crowd funding TeeSpring campaign.
This weekends CEO Prologue will be streamed by Clash Tournaments, recently sponsored by Smashboards, and will be aired exclusively on MLG.TV - the recent premium streaming platform launched by Major League Gaming. Clash Tournaments will be working with MLG to stream their qualifiers for the MLG Anaheim tournament, listed below:
  • CEO Prologue – Orlando, FL – March 29th
  • WHOBO – Houston, TX – May 3rd – 4th
  • Pat’s House 2 – San Deigo, CA – May 24th – 25th
  • SKTAR 3 – Somerset, NJ – May 31st – June 1st

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Cool IGN article. An ad that you can't close follows me no matter where I scroll.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Oh my god, Pros should have their own Theme songs + intros as well as cheesy backstage storylines.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Nice belt.

Gonna be weird watching Smash on anything other than Twitch, but at least it'll be streamed at all.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Anyone else think or hope that they will play "Balrog's Theme" from Streeet Fighter IV in the finals. I mean, it would fit since the finals takes place in a Boxing Ring. At some point, I speculate that his theme will be somewhere.

Also, the belt looks badass.

Like if you support Balrog's Theme -SSFIV- for the Finals Official Music.

Your local Hipster

Smash Apprentice
Me, Mario, Sheik, and my SUPER SEXY FALCON! Are going to win that belt!!! Why you may ask??... Because I showed my moves!!!

birdy21

Smash Cadet
Im so confused, idk what time is it, where it will stream, and i dont even know which top players are attending this! im confused :S

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
>Implying Florida isn't taking this belt.

That's really cute, non-Floridians.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Oh my god, Pros should have their own Theme songs + intros as well as cheesy backstage storylines.
If you've never watched a CEO tourney before, the top 8 entrants for each game thats streamed on Sunday have their own intro song

Top Bottom