• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2014 Launches Crowd Funding for Project M, Melee Prizes

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
CEO 2014, sponsored by Smashboards, has launched a crowd funding initiative to increase the prize pool for the tournament. The tournament will feature Super Smash Brothers Melee and Project M, along side other fighting games. Each shirt purchased will support a $5 increase to the prize pool of the players choice and the shirts retail for a fair $14.95. This initiative gives the community a chance to get in on the sponsorship of the tournament while also getting something material in return for that support.

CEO is in it's 5 year and will be held in Orlando, Florida June 27th-29th. The tournament has become the second largest fighting game event of the year and is one of the summers "big 3" Melee tournaments. Special to CEO though is it's inclusion of Project M - the fantastic game and community driven project. This is a great chance to raise the prize pool for what may be one of the largest Project M tournaments of the entire year.

Are you attending CEO 2014? RSVP on the Smashboards event page. Looking for housing? Rides? Check out the dedicated CEO 2014 forum.

Click here to purchase the shirt and send $5 for Project M
Click here to purchase the shirt and send $5 for Smash Melee

More information is available at the CEO 2014 website - the title sponsor is teespring.com

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It'd be nice if the shirts were different based on the game it's going to support, but it's still a neat way to handle it.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
It'd be nice if the shirts were different based on the game it's going to support, but it's still a neat way to handle it.
I wanted to do that too but it would of driven the price up and I'm not a greedy man, wanted to make the shirts as affordable as possible so more people have a chance to buy one and support the event and its players.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I wanted to do that too but it would of driven the price up and I'm not a greedy man, wanted to make the shirts as affordable as possible so more people have a chance to buy one and support the event and its players.
Yeah I figured it was a price issue. Maybe some day, but regardless the shirts are pretty cool, and of course for a good cause so I'm down.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
If the shirts had varying designs I would think of getting one. Yeah it'd be 10 or 15 dollars but it would support a great cause and you'd get a unique design! This is still a great idea though.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
If the shirts had varying designs I would think of getting one. Yeah it'd be 10 or 15 dollars but it would support a great cause and you'd get a unique design! This is still a great idea though.
The shirt is practically $15. It prolly costs 15 because it takes 5 to make shirt and design, netting 10 but then subtracting 5 for SSBM and PM, and the net net profit is 5. This is just based on my speculation though.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
The shirt is practically $15. It prolly costs 15 because it takes 5 to make shirt and design, netting 10 but then subtracting 5 for SSBM and PM, and the net net profit is 5. This is just based on my speculation though.
That seems generally accurate. All I'm trying to say is that even with a higher price, if the shirts had more appealing unique designs I would feel much more compelled to buy one and support the cause.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
True, but that would make the shirts even more expensive.
Yes, but what good is having shirts with the same design for different causes? No one will buy unless it's solely to support the cause. I get your point though. Just making a rebuttal because I enjoy seeing both sides.

Top Bottom