• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Va Smash 64 (FB Group)

K.I.A AKA Kirb Stomp

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I have had exposure to the competitive smash scene for a while, but never really delved in till recently. I just hosted Smash 64 at the local weekly and it did quite well for a start (10 man bracket). My brother and I were thinking about the semi-underground nature of 64 especially in our part of the woods, so I set up this Facebook page for Central Virginia. It's a open group feel free to join up, post stuff about 64 events etc.. Also, thinking of setting up a google map and other things to try to get the ball rolling. Trying to grow a local console based scene in a highly melee dominated sub-region. Please reply if you guys have any ideas or input.

Thanks,
- Kirbstomp

Here's the link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/906303056144926/

Last edited:

K.I.A AKA Kirb Stomp

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I was watching the Smash 64 story the other day and it seems that way. Its just where I live in Central VA, around Charlottesville, there is nothing. I just started TOing Smash 64 at the last local weekly, and I'm trying to build a scene from the ground up. I'm still pretty new to the game myself, and no one around here really plays 64. When we ran the tournament we actually managed a ten man bracket, but lots of the players didn't like it.

Shears

Smash Master
Yeah, I was watching the Smash 64 story the other day and it seems that way. Its just where I live in Central VA, around Charlottesville, there is nothing. I just started TOing Smash 64 at the last local weekly, and I'm trying to build a scene from the ground up. I'm still pretty new to the game myself, and no one around here really plays 64. When we ran the tournament we actually managed a ten man bracket, but lots of the players didn't like it.
I was down in Blacksburg a couple weekends ago, if I knew there was a charlottesville I would've made a stop out of my way to play.

Top Bottom