• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Pennsylvania Players (Williamsport, State College, Bellefonte, etc.)

Stauffen

Smash Rookie
Hi all,

I live in Lock Haven (a small town roughly between Williamsport and State College) and would be willing to host a Melee/Brawl/Project M tournament if I knew people would come out. There are a very limited number of decent players who live in or near town, and a lot of rookie players at the university (i.e., they'll attend any event that includes the words "video games").

I'd really like to get some serious players to attend and I'm willing to bet there are a quite a few in the surrounding areas. Finding these players is the challenge. If anyone would be interested in a tournament or competitively playing Melee or Project M, please let me know.

Thanks!

thetones

Smash Rookie
I'm from around the same area and I'm hosting a Melee/Project M tournament over in Williamsport on the Friday (JAN 10TH) before APEX.

LonVoen

Smash Cadet
Alright, this thread needs to be alive so we can start getting a decent community going. How'd the Avenue 209 friendlies turn out? I'd really like to attend one, but I fear the only game I'm at all decent at right now is Project M. If there's a decent turnout, I'll be down. I can also bring at least another person, if not two.

PS This is Derek. We played once in a tourney @ Central Mountain. Sup.

Stauffen

Smash Rookie
Hey Derek! It's great to be in contact with you. I remember your Marth beating me at that tournament... That sparked my interest in Smash even more.

The Avenue friendlies went okay, the tournament the month before was incredible. We had around 40 people enter singles and even had people from Buffalo, NY come down and destroy us. We are definitely going to do another one, but we're not sure when. In the meantime, though, I'm always down to play. My main game is Melee (having switched from Brawl approx. 4~5 months ago), but I love PM as well. Where are you currently located?

Edit: You should join our Facebook group as well. It's probably the best way to stay in contact.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/centralPennSSB/

Last edited:

LonVoen

Smash Cadet
Haha oh yeah! I believe you played Zelda if memory serves. Glad to hear I generated some interest!

People coming from NY for it? That is really exciting. I'm currently up in State College. We could potentially host friendlies or a small tournament at my apartment, it's pretty roomy. I've deleted my facebook account but I joined on our old apartment's joke facebook account (Marjorie Mae) so I can at least keep track of when things are going down. Let me know when the next event is happening and I'll be sure to be there.

Have you tried wifi project m yet? Considering setting it up so that I can get more practice. Would be a good way to get more games in since I'm an hour or so away.

Stauffen

Smash Rookie
Sorry it took so long to reply to this, I'm apparently not getting email alerts. Anyway, there's a Smash club at PSU. I've gone once and have been meaning to go again. We're also hoping to get a tournament between State College, Lock Haven, and Williamsport to kick-start some power rankings. I'll definitely keep you updated on that.

As for PM wifi, Nintendo pulled the plug on their servers for hosting matches. A lot of people play Melee and PM on Dolphin netplay, but my internet connection isn't up to par.

LonVoen

Smash Cadet
No problem! Just went tonight. Was pretty fun and now I'm pumped to play some PM. Apparently tomorrow is the last one before finals, so I'll definitely be there again. Power Rankings sounds fun, do we have a decent number of people that play PM though? I really don't know any of the other games, haha.

Yeah I just set up Dolphin and ordered a gamecube -> usb adapter. If you know anyone looking for close online opponents, send them my way!

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
Just going to bump this because Central PA needs more smashers. Stauffen, post up the facebook link if you want.

There's also smash going on campus at PSU as well. During the summer, it's a lot of whenever we can get things together. We'll play melee, but PM is getting a lot of attention at the moment.

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
While I dont live in the area, i did attend college there and would be willing to make the trip some weekends to attend tourneys. Glad to see someone trying to get a scene going (somewhat) local

LonVoen

Smash Cadet
Throw another Lock Haven tourney! Or help me set one up that LHU and PSU could both attend. I really want to merge these groups and start leveling up the region.
Here, fill this out. If we get decent interest on a weekday I'll set up a casual weekly thing. If we have a bunch of interest for a weekend I'll throw a proper tourney at my place or elsewhere. Let me know!

http://tinyurl.com/SmashTray

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
Throw another Lock Haven tourney! Or help me set one up that LHU and PSU could both attend. I really want to merge these groups and start leveling up the region.
Here, fill this out. If we get decent interest on a weekday I'll set up a casual weekly thing. If we have a bunch of interest for a weekend I'll throw a proper tourney at my place or elsewhere. Let me know!

http://tinyurl.com/SmashTray
If you throw anything on weekends i will definitely show. sadly, i cant make it on weekdays

Top Bottom