• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Illinois Smashers?

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
I've recently decided to get back into the competitive scene and have been hoping there was some people around this area. While I know the Chicago area has a big scene it's just a bit too far away (about 3 hours.) I was hoping there were some Smashers in the Decatur/Champaign/Springfield/Decatur/Bloomington area! Hopefully some of us can get together and Smash it out!

Myself, I am from Decatur but I can travel ~2 hours at the most to Smash it up with some locals that isn't a problem. A little about myself! I'm 22 born in October. I started playing Smash in the 64 days only casually and around '04 is when I decided to take it competitive. However when Brawl hit the scenes I quit completely. I only recently picked up PM and fell in love all over again. I main Roy, and I want to pick up Zelda and maybe one other for better Matchup and Stage Picks!

Last edited:

viperboy_74

Smash Master
I live in Charleston, Illinois, about an hour from Decatur, pretty much straight south down highway 121.

We have a group of 4 or 5 players that get together once a week, usually. You're welcome to join us, whenever, just shoot me a pm for details.

We play mostly pm, but after this tournament I went to last week, will probably start firing up melee again.

Last edited:

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
Awesome dude! A few of my buddies go to Charleston every now and then so I know right where it is.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Decided to get back into the whole smash scene and figured I'd pop in and say hello. Bloomington here.

Cook

Smash Master
I live in Quincy and I'm looking for folks to play with. Anyone play around here? Maybe in Springfield? I see Charleston and Decatur, but Stl is closer than those places... :(

Cook

Smash Master
On the western border, pretty much in the middle. About 2 to 2 and a half hours north of St. Louis, almost 2 hours west of Springfield.

Chaosphere

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I'm in Peoria. I'm just picking up melee. Evo got me hype. Then I watched that documentary and fell in love. I've always liked smash just never took it seriously. I'm picking up the game today and have been doing some studying the past few days of all of the terminology. I played mortal kombat 9 and injustice competitively and have gotten up to top 16 at a few majors. My execution is pretty good but I obviously have some practicing to do.

Looking to take this very seriously so I'll definitely be looking to meet up with some of you guys. Would love to meet you guys and have you put me in my place.

Last edited:

MrHecticGamer

Smash Rookie
I'm from Rantoul, Illinois. Fairly close to most of these places. (About 20 minutes from Champaign). I'm 17 born in November. I picked up melee recently and am playing it a lot more. I played it before at friends and adapted to it very quickly. I went to a tournament on UOI campus with three friends. One of which also mained Luigi. He beat most of the people there and afterwards he told me that my Luigi is better than his, I just lack most of the tech. I'm working on that now and hope to become a fairly good Luigi player. (I only won one match there, but I honestly expected to win zero with my lack of experience).

Top Bottom