• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Florida Melee (Orlando area)

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I've been playing smash for a long time now, and I think I am getting the beginnings of advanced play. I live in Apopka and would really like to smash with some people. Are there any smashfests or anything like that going on? I would like to get more involved in the Melee community, and I don't know where to look. Thanks, lets game!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Starting August 23, the place for Smash in Orlando will be me, QDVS, and BossMagnet's apartment.

Until then, just relax and keep up your tech skill. Get shffling down pat and people will want to play with you and help you learn.

No one likes training people who can't shffl.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I can shffl pretty well. If I really get in the zone I can shffl with fox pretty well too. I'm working on waveshining at the moment, and at the moment i can only get about 2-3 shines before i mess up. I went to a Gigabitz tourny a while back in 07, that is where I was really schooled. I'm a lot better since then though. I'm just looking for more people to Melee with since I am greatly surpassing my brother and friends.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I never asked you to drive to Melbourne.

On August 23 we will move to our new place in Orlando, adjacent to the UCF campus.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Oh word. I guess I will do what I can to hone my skills until then. I'm sorry to see the melee scene has deteriorated so much.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like there will be a few smashers soon then! I may go to school at UF NEXT year. As for this year I will still be at Valencia.

Force

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to train up my icys next year. Brawl makes me sad because I don't use them :(
Finch IC's got banned in texas from tournaments cause of void... so you should jump back to IC's a bit once ur wario starts to ****. My IC's in brawl are getting insane now. I'd like you to teach me some SSBM IC's though cause i know nothing about them.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
My mom has a beach house in melbourne i'll have to remember i got smash buddies down there next time i'm down there. =)
and for the record i'm going to start training up my ssbm link more aswell to try and keep up with our slightly divided community.
truu, I need some matches with that nasty link. Lemme know whenever you're in the melbourne area

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Bamn hit me up if you want when you guys play some smash. I don't work that often so i'm pretty free, especially on weekends. I live in apopka so I'm ~30 mins away.

Finch

Smash Lord
Finch IC's got banned in texas from tournaments cause of void... so you should jump back to IC's a bit once ur wario starts to ****. My IC's in brawl are getting insane now. I'd like you to teach me some SSBM IC's though cause i know nothing about them.
1. icys didn't get banned in TX, just their CGs, and it's because of Hylian not Void.

2. I found someone better than wario that I play now

3. icys aren't fun in brawl, but if you learn to wavedash I could teach you stuff about the most fun character in melee. I need to teach you a lot about the basics that will help you in brawl too.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
I really need to play with someone before FAST comes. I need to improve my game as much as possible. If ANYONE around orlando plays melee, give me a shout.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Hmmm, well I'll be in orlando shortly to pay my rent. So I can play you at melee if you don't mind my lack of wavedashing (almost none) and the fact I haven't mastered the shffl yet, but my gimpage isn't too bad "/

I'm taking it you live near UCF

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I should update my profile. :p I actually live in Apopka, so I'm like 45 minutes away.

Top Bottom