• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U CD Collecting

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
So it seems the sandbag trick from Brawl is gone for CD farming. I even tried with Luigi's down taunt (which spawned CDs super fast in Brawl) on the sandbags and still nothing. Has anyone discovered any methods yet that produce CDs?

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Nothing as far as I can tell... which is a bummer. The lack of conveyor belts on the stage builder hurts too.

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
All my CDs so far have been from completing challenges. I'm inclined to think that's the only way to get them.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I've got CDs by clearing Special Orders and one Master Order.

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Master/Crazy Orders and Mew spawns CDs as well.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I see CD's in Master/Crazy orders all the time, though I haven't played very frequently and I've lost some by failing the battles.

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
They do fall randomly as well during Smash matches.
Do they? Well, I've only been playing single player, so I guess that's why I haven't seen them. But Crazy Orders is the way to go for CDs, for sure.

D

Deleted member

I rarely see CDs in battle. They are very rare and are pretty infrequent. If you want my suggestion, play the Special Orders or use Spectator Mode.
The Master Orders will sometimes net you a song and you can find songs in Crazy Orders, but I prefer Master Orders over Crazy Orders since it is less frustrating and you could potentially lose the song if you do lose.
Spectator Mode's Bonus Chance will sometimes net you a song. It's not the quickest method and it can be pretty random, however.

CrazyChaos

Smash Cadet
I got only one drop during regular matches. Best method seems to be Special Orders. More specifically, I think Crazy Orders is more likely to give a CD as a reward than Master Orders (And for a much more reasonable challenge, though surprise explosives remain existent no matter what.).

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Teach an amiibo to pick up and throw anything that spawns. Put it in a match with 99 stock, Master Balls on high, with a level 1 CPU. It'll go after the Master Balls, occasionally spawn Mew, then grab the CD that's dropped.

Yes, we're already using our amiibo as slaves.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well heres some info on crazy orders

1# whoever saids its hard to find the passes for crazy orders is a liar (i got 3 in just 1 game of smash tour)

2# this is very important turn 14 on crazy orders you will have to fight master and crazy hand in crazy orders
(Aka to fight master alone do classic on a really low diffculty and under 14 turns for crazy hand alone)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Besides the hilarious method shared by @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima , Crazy Orders (NOT Master Orders) is very lucrative for CD's. If you're having trouble surviving, just use Ganondorf, and also, only play the Giant Battles, whenever it is possible.

This mode is also good for custom moves. The problem is that it is very costly, but that's what Spectate mode is for.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Besides the hilarious method shared by @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima , Crazy Orders (NOT Master Orders) is very lucrative for CD's. If you're having trouble surviving, just use Ganondorf, and also, only play the Giant Battles, whenever it is possible.

This mode is also good for custom moves. The problem is that it is very costly, but that's what Spectate mode is for.
Its a snap getting those crazy order passes classic and smash tour has a infinite suply of those and master orders ocasionaly has the passes as well

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Crazy Orders seems to be the best way to get CDs. My amiibo found one in battle once. Beyond that, pure Orders. Terrific mode, too, so I'm pleased enough with that route.

D

Deleted member

Teach an amiibo to pick up and throw anything that spawns. Put it in a match with 99 stock, Master Balls on high, with a level 1 CPU. It'll go after the Master Balls, occasionally spawn Mew, then grab the CD that's dropped.

Yes, we're already using our amiibo as slaves.
I'm very sorry for reviving this old thread, but does anyone know if you can get ALL CDs with this method?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Clear Doc's Trophy Rush challenge and reap the rewards. You should now have enough gold to play Crazy Orders near-endlessly.

Play Crazy Orders consistently and relentlessly. Every time you see a CD, go for it.

If you're feeling the pressure and think you've done enough for one round, clear the game immediately. You don't want to risk getting KO'd and losing your rewards.

Repeat as necessary. It'll take a while and there's no guarantee the RNG will produce CDs, but they will turn up more often than not. I've managed to collect a lot of CDs this way. Just keep at it and you'll have 'em in no time.

I'm very sorry for reviving this old thread, but does anyone know if you can get ALL CDs with this method?
Unless I'm mistaken, most CDs are random drops, though some CDs are specifically locked behind challenge windows. So you may want to check out which one are challenge-specific first before committing to this grinding process.

Last edited:
Top Bottom