• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Casual n00b looking to not be a Casual n00b.

K3llo

Smash Rookie
NNID
kello125
I haven't played smash in a long time. In the days of melee of my friends I was the best but I never played competitively nor was I good enough. Smash 4 wii u looks fantastic and I don't want to simply be good at the game I want to excel. I'll be around, reading guides, watching tournaments and may even say something every now and then. Right now I am awful. Lets see if that can be fixed.

-K3llo

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Welcome fellow casual looking to improve! LOL--thought I was not too bad till I came here. There is a ton of info as well as people not only who are more than willing to battle with you but also help you learn, give advice and point you to helpful threads. Hope to see you in HD! I gotta look up my Wii U FC and get it posted already! Just remember in your journey--it is a game so don't forget to have fun--always!!

K3llo

Smash Rookie
NNID
kello125
haha I knew I was bad long before coming here. Both my highschool and university host local smash tournaments and some top tier players would occasionally attend. It's wild how fast you lose when some one actually knows what they are doing.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
haha I knew I was bad long before coming here. Both my highschool and university host local smash tournaments and some top tier players would occasionally attend. It's wild how fast you lose when some one actually knows what they are doing.
Wait...what? There's a strategy to this game? lol jk

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Yooo welcome! I'm trying to get better too, being a casual myself. We can all help each other out! If you can, try to acquaint yourself with other people and socialize with people who play the same characters as you, or find someone higher up who's willing to teach you! I'd be happy to lend a hand as well, but like I said earlier, I'm a casual myself. :p

K3llo

Smash Rookie
NNID
kello125
Yooo welcome! I'm trying to get better too, being a casual myself. We can all help each other out! If you can, try to acquaint yourself with other people and socialize with people who play the same characters as you, or find someone higher up who's willing to teach you! I'd be happy to lend a hand as well, but like I said earlier, I'm a casual myself. :p

I played sheik on melee but she doesn't handle the same way in Smash4. Grininja looks good and I have always liked ness. I'll need to spend more time with the game before picking a main.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I played sheik on melee but she doesn't handle the same way in Smash4. Grininja looks good and I have always liked ness. I'll need to spend more time with the game before picking a main.
I just picked a character I really liked as my main. But trying them all out is good too! I'm better with other characters that aren't my main, but I simply chose Robin just because I love him so much. :D

xNaught

Smash Rookie
Welcome to Smashboards!

As a competitive player, the best advice I can offer is to play as many Smash titles you can get your fingers on! This includes 64, Melee, Brawl and even Project M. You can learn a lot from playing all of the games, things called Smash Fundamentals.

Reading and watching can only do so much. Play, play and play some more!

SSS

Smash Ace
Welcome to Smashboards!

As a competitive player, the best advice I can offer is to play as many Smash titles you can get your fingers on! This includes 64, Melee, Brawl and even Project M. You can learn a lot from playing all of the games, things called Smash Fundamentals.

That being said, I think it's a good idea to only focus on one or two games at a time. Playing the others does open new doors in your mind for your main game, though.

K3llo

Smash Rookie
NNID
kello125
Welcome to Smashboards!

Thank you! I play PM and 4 right now but I have played all the smash games save for the 3ds version. I would like to get into the competitive scene at some point but right now I am awful at 4 and I can only hold my own in PM because I played melee. In a few months, when I don't suck quite as much I'll start looking for the smash scene in my area.

K3llo

Smash Rookie
NNID
kello125
That being said, I think it's a good idea to only focus on one or two games at a time. Playing the others does open new doors in your mind for your main game, though.

This is exactly my plan.

SerbianVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
StevoNaLevo
Welcome! I'm on the same boat as you, just made my first post a few hours ago. I'm looking for someone who can train me with villager, but you can still excel by just playing right? Right! So I am always open for some 1v1 practice

SerbianVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
StevoNaLevo
if you have a 3DS already it's worth it, if you don't already have a 3DS it's not worth it to buy one.

edit: but that just might be because Melee is my jam
I don't have a 3ds at all, but i'm considering it because i'm leaving this friday for europe for 33 days and want to smash during the trip

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
@ SerbianVillager SerbianVillager Ima gonna add you next time I get on the game definitely by the weekend. btw: Villager's bowling ball is OP!
We will have fun and try to teach each other something, k?

K3llo

Smash Rookie
NNID
kello125
Welcome! I'm on the same boat as you, just made my first post a few hours ago. I'm looking for someone who can train me with villager, but you can still excel by just playing right? Right! So I am always open for some 1v1 practice

Feel free to add me! we can get some practice time and hopefully get better at the game. I haven't really played with Villager.

SerbianVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
StevoNaLevo
Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
welcome to the boards~:148:

Check out here to find out if there's a scene in your area
http://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/
For online matches try here
3DS
and here
WiiU
Also check out the respective character boards for your mains and you'll be sure to find really helpful tips on those characters!
Smash 4
Project M
Melee
Forum Games is great place to waste some time
Before you post please check out the Global Rules.
If you need any assistance I'll be glad to help, just tag or PM me!

Top Bottom