• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Casual Melee player here, wondering if you guys could fill me in on some things before Ultimate comes out.

Lavenza

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

As the title says, I'm from Melee and don't really know too much about Smash4 (I think I've only played like 2 or 3 matches). I've only started watching Smash4 vids recently and have been keeping up with Ultimate videos. I think I get the gist of the newer mechanics like ledge trump, footstool, windbox, multi jab resets, losing invincibility on 2nd recovery, etc...

What I wanna know is, what's important? I thought ledge trump would be a bit more relevant (just by concept alone), but I see that almost everyone just lets their opponent chose an option from ledge. Is it due to physics of doing turn around ledge grabs being hard? Are aerial edge guards just not worth? I wanna know these types of things.

If I could get some tips on these things, that would be great. I wanna know what I should be practicing when the game comes out.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
I do not think many people can tell you such things until they have had their hands on the game for a few days. I would start checking youtube and such within a week of launch. People are gonna somehow have the game, either by having it gifted from nintendo or stealing it from retailers they work for XD Either way, I am sure loads of vids exploring such things will surface before the ACTUAL launch.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Heads up: It's not Melee.

Everyone is here, including the Melee clones.

Fighting is revolved around the balloon physics, lowering incapacitation time while still maintaining short distanced between fighters and a serious combo game. Fighters have been nerfed/buffed to oblivion, so there aren't serious gaps in fighter viability anymore, the roster is fairly balanced.

TaranTr

Smash Rookie
look at the video series "Art of Smash" by Izaw, those are really great to start competitive smash wii U

Top Bottom