• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania rises from the depths

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
Castlevania. A game series that has existed from pretty much the start of nintendo's console days, and is still releasing in nintendo consoles. From the NES to the 3ds this whip swinging, candle breaking, monster slaying game has gone on for years.
So seriously, why has nothing of this game series, that has been there since the start, gotten into Smash brothers? There are so many characters you could take from this series and put into smash.
Starting off we got the good ol Vampire killers themselves.
Simon, trever, Juste, Julius, Richter, and Sonya belmont as well as Johnathan morris and Nathan graves. those are just the whip wielders of the game series that I can name off the top of my head!
Want a villain with their own stage to toss in? How about Dracula himself or better yet his heroic incarnation Soma cruz?
For a game series with so many games under nintendo consoles, that sold incredibly well, there is no reason to NOT have anyone from those games in smash.

I guess this thread may break some basic conventions as it doesn't highlight a particular character at all, but rather a strangely neglected series. One that has hit every nintendo console I think [save for the virtual boy and so far the WII U]
nes has cv 1-3
gb had adventure, legends, and belmonts revenge
SNES had cv4 and Dracula X
GBA had circle, harmony, and aria
N 64 had its pair of Cv games [never got to play them but I really want to]
ds had dawn, portrait, and order of ecclesia
WII had judgement [a fighting game that I REALLY wanna try!]
3ds had mirror of fate.
That's at least 18 games in the series that were only on nintendo consoles [cept for mirror of fate which was ported out. But then again it was a PORTABLE game that was ported to PS3 class systems. Which says something id say]

anyway as for how they would play any Cv fan could name an easy attack list for any belmont just using the sub weapons. Specially if ya gave them the 8 directional whip and let players hold the button for the Whip spin. Even the final smash is a simple choice between making the flame whip or triggering an ITEM CRASH technique.

dracula and soma though are a lot more tricky to think up moves for. so any idea or suggestions for them would be cool.
alucard, Shanoa, Charlotte, and plenty of other characters have also made it onto the nintendo systems so ideas for them would work just as well.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
yeah will probably be locked I agree, though it might not due to this thread being for the series as a whole instead of just Simon or any one character.
Carrie would be an interesting character, I could see more of a Mage type that mixes Carrie up with some of Maria or Charlotte though. Would be neat to see a rep from cv 64 of all the Cv games.

then again might be locked cause teh whole Ballet thing is donzo now ;P but meh details XD

an odd ball pick that could be funny would be a skeleton though XD. There are so many skeletons in CV that you could easilly make a super skeleton move set for smash.

Last edited:

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
yeah, I kinda said that in my last post there.. that the ballet was donzo. But this still works as a starting point for Smash five ideas and discussion too I think. Till its locked anyway. who knows, based on Customer reactions [and how much cash they want off of people] the ballet may make a return and whatever.

Top Bottom