• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castle Siege as CP.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Well, I'm a new G&W secondary (Possible new main depending how I do with him in the next few tourneys). I USUALLY counterpick Castle Siege because that's the stage I'm most familiar with, although I main Ike (Don't think he really has too many advantages on that stage, I simply do well on it).

I simply wanted to know if Castle Siege is in any way viable for G and W as a counterpick and any possible tips to use on the stage. Thank you in advance. :)

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
Watch out for the easy side KOs on the first two areas with Mr. Lightweight, abuse d-smash for early KOs. I also would say use up-B a lot on the second part when you are inside the castle with that and Up-Air you can really control the match well (attack up and into them with B-air/N-air once they are in the air). Other than that if it is a personal favorite of yours than by all means use that as a CP. Rainbow Cruise is another CP I recommend.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Its not bad for GaW in particular, but he has better options. If you like it that much then by all means use it, but I would recommend you learn Frigate Orpheon or Rainbow Cruise. Some parts of it have kills off the sides, which really negates GaW's awesome recovery...

Like Davie said with the d-smash kills, sometimes you want the sourspot instead of the sweetspot there, which can make your kill spacing a little easier.

Top Bottom