• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carlos Mencia to voice King Dedede

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
You know, as hilarious and gut-bustingly knee-slapping as that was, I'm also serious. How the hell else do you pronounce his name?

Day-DAY-day? DEE-duh-dee? DAY-duh-day? DEE-duh-day?
(To all the middle schoolers- the caps indicate emphasis on that part of the word)

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
yeah he really sucks too. He has this thing, where he calls people mentally handicapped by going "dee-duh-deeeeee". It's his signature thing.

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
He's horrible. He steals people's material, his name isn't even Carlos Mencia, he's not even Mexican (but he pretends he is so it's okay when he makes fun of Mexicans!) and he's a racist tool. He's right up there with Larry the Cable Guy - comedians who pander to the lowest common denominator to make a cheap buck off of idiots.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
He's horrible. He steals people's material, his name isn't even Carlos Mencia, he's not even Mexican (but he pretends he is so it's okay when he makes fun of Mexicans!) and he's a racist tool. He's right up there with Larry the Cable Guy - comedians who pander to the lowest common denominator to make a cheap buck off of idiots.
Oh HELL NO! You can insult Carlos Mencia as much as you want because he deserves it but don't you dare insult Larry the cable guy.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Just like how you stole this exact line trying to say something about Mencia? XD

I don't like the comedian, i'm more of a Steven Wright person, but I find it funny how saying his name isn't Carlos Mencia is supposed to be some reason why he's a bad comedian. Most actors don't even have the same name they were born with.

Anywho, no, this thread is ********.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
idk about you guys but i find him ****ing hilarious ^^. He's already said he doesn't make in fun of handicapped people its the people who act handicapped he does.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Mencia's a joke thief and doesn't deserve any work at all. I think the Dedede should be voiced by the dude who did him in the anime. He sounded like Foghorn Leghorn. XD

-Knux-

Smash Ace
yeah he really sucks too. He has this thing, where he calls people mentally handicapped by going "dee-duh-deeeeee". It's his signature thing.
No, he doesn't. Get your facts straight. He makes fun of people who act so dumb and stupid that they COULD be ********. Not mentally handicapped people.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Just like how you stole this exact line trying to say something about Mencia? XD

I don't like the comedian, i'm more of a Steven Wright person, but I find it funny how saying his name isn't Carlos Mencia is supposed to be some reason why he's a bad comedian. Most actors don't even have the same name they were born with.

Anywho, no, this thread is ********.
What he was pointing out is that the guy used a pseudonym that sounded mexican to give him the "right" to make mexican jokes. He's of eastern european descent.

And yes, his more outrageous humor is pandering to the lowest common denominator, but he ostensibly uses it to make social commentary on racism. However, this doesn't rescue him from sucking harder than a fleet of industrial strength vacuums.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I have no problem with his style of humor; I like the comedians he stole the material from! I know for a fact that he stole from Joe Rogan (yes, he is a comedian; and a very funny one at that), Bill Cosby, and Sam Kinison. I could care less what Mencia's name was.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
The only reason Mencia got his own show was because Comedy Central expected him to be the mexican Chappelle, and it pretty much worked. His comedy before his TV show was better.

Seriously though, Dedede has a total Colonel Sanders voice in the anime, doesn't he? Wonder if that's what we'll get for Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom