• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cargo downthrow against a wall - combo?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been doing some testing and it seems that DK can chaingrab against a wall using his cargo downthrow up to 67%, where a cargo down throw is able to be teched. Based on falling speed, this does NOT work on:
Falco, Fox, Captain Falcon, Roy, DK, Ganondorf, and Sheik.
Opponent cannot shield -> roll/sidestep/grab or jab if they're anyone else (It works against my brother, who is pretty good at Melee, on his Link, Young Link, Marth, and Bowser, so anyone else it'd make sense it'd work against)because they don't have enough time before they get grabbed again.

Anyone wanna do further testing or something? Maybe PokeFloats or Corneria could become good cp stages for DK against those he can't uair juggle or up-cargo chaingrab

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I've been doing some testing and it seems that DK can chaingrab against a wall using his cargo downthrow up to 67%, where a cargo down throw is able to be teched. Based on falling speed, this does NOT work on:
Falco, Fox, Captain Falcon, Roy, DK, Ganondorf, and Sheik.
Opponent cannot shield -> roll/sidestep/grab or jab if they're anyone else (It works against my brother, who is pretty good at Melee, on his Link, Young Link, Marth, and Bowser, so anyone else it'd make sense it'd work against)because they don't have enough time before they get grabbed again.

Anyone wanna do further testing or something? Maybe PokeFloats or Corneria could become good cp stages for DK against those he can't uair juggle or up-cargo chaingrab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPPjP_TScB8

You mean like that? Yeah, i mentioned it awhile ago. They actually can get out of it if they're expecting it. It usually won't work more than once or twice unless your opponent is an idiot. They can jump/up b out of it among other things. There's too much lag after the cargo d throw for it to truly be a chain grab. You'll get hit with a sex kick everytime from anyone that has one, or any other really quick aerial move.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Aww. Well, at the least you can get one or two off before cargo up into u-air. :O Thanks for the info.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It is. D: Mexican needs to make a DK guide or something.
or a match-up guide....

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
To be fair, i've always thought about using the cargo d throw as a chaingrab, bum was actually the one that suggested doing it into a wall to me. So to be fair, it was kinda bums idea. I kinda got it started, bum kinda finished it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's an awesome mindgame, really. Most players try to tech it or just jump rather than n-air as they need to, and it's free damage as long as you don't spam it. I'm gonna see if it works against some of my other friends :p

Top Bottom