• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carbuncle, puzzles the competition!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Who is Carbuncle?
Carbunny.png

Carbuncle is a character from the Puyo Puyo series, being the mascot and appearing in almost every game, if not all. He is great friends with Arle Nadja, one of the main protagonists of Puyo Puyo. He is also the former pet of the main antagonist Satan, who uses Carbuncle as an excuse to make Arle marry him.

Why should he in Smash?
Being the mascot of the Puyo Puyo series, Carbuncle is the more likely option for a rep from there. The Puyo Puyo series is made by SEGA, who already have Sonic, Joker, and Bayonetta in Smash, so he's not too far fetched. As well as that Puyo Puyo has sold over 25 million copies worldwide, which is 5 million more than Mega Man. Not only that, the franchise already has strong ties with Nintendo, due to Puyo Puyo Tetris and Kirby's Avalanche, one of the many Puyo Puyo clones that came out during the 90s.

What Moveset would he have?
He would have a pseudo olimar moveset, using the puyos in his moveset, each one having a different effect. He is also capable of firing off lasers from the gemstone on his forehead, and has the ability to use magic spells. He also has a long prehensile tounge, and can change the moon into the sun!

Do you support Carbuncle?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I have one question. One, teensy tiny question.

Why, oh why, should he not be with Arle? Splitting them apart is like splitting Banjo and Kazooie apart. You just don't.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I have one question. One, teensy tiny question.

Why, oh why, should he not be with Arle? Splitting them apart is like splitting Banjo and Kazooie apart. You just don't.
Carbuncle and Arle aren't played as one complete character, banjo and kazooie are practically one character by this point, they've only been separated once. Besides, Carbuncle has been apart from Arle numerous times. I get your point here, but I feel the mascot would be more known, and Arle and Carbuncle fighting together seems a little odd. I just can't see it happening.

Top Bottom