• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Capture Card

Roman.

Smash Champion
I'm starting to get serious with SSBM so I was hoping to get a capture card just for fun. I was hoping to find a decent card and maybe make some combo videos for my friends or what not in a couple months, but it's basically just for fun.

All in all, I don't know anything about capture cards and I was hoping for some advice on what to get. I'm working with a Dell XPS - 0.99GB RAM, 1.66GHz, and Intel Core 2 Processor - Fairly good notebook. Willing to spend up to $75.

Here is a link to my notebook.

Also I have a PC I could use if I have to - 1.8GHz, only 512 MB of RAM, and Pentium 4. I'm willing to use it if the capture card will work better, be easier, ect.

Thanks.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know of any good notebook capture cards, but what I use is just a USB 2.0 device.

The Adstech VideoXpress. Give it a google search. Essentially it converts any AV line (or S-Video) into USB. It's pretty inexpensive too.

Roman.

Smash Champion
I read a couple of reviews about The Adstech VideoXpress and it doesn't seem like it would be very reliable. The audio to video is off, you need to buy new software if you want the videos to be even decent, customer service sucks, ect. It seems like a good product except for those little problems. Doesn't seem worth it.

Roman.

Smash Champion
If anyone else can throw out any decent capture cards out there that you use, please do so. If I have to, i will use my computer but I don't know if it would meet the requirements.

So what capture card do you use?

Top Bottom