• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CaptainZack, Salem, Saj, or Pinkfresh?

EpOc-Samydoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
S_landreville
Although I have much respect for every single one of these players I would like to ask you guys on your opinion on who claims to be the best, My opinion is that the best is CaptainZack

: CaptainZack
Zack was always a good player, in the beginning of the game Zack was a peach main but since the release of bayonetta he has been maining her instead, he has a great ability to read di and sdi resulting into very early kill combos. Zack is also only 15 so he will only get better over time since he is so young and has so much in front of him. Also he taunts IRL witch (haha get it cause he mains a witch) anyways bad puns aside, he taunts IRL, and that is awesome. Thats it really for Zack but I would like to hear you guys on your opinion. So who do you think is the best

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
To be honest I am not sure anymore where I would put Salem now. At relatively smaller competitions (Collision, LBH) he completely explodes and seems near godlike and beat the best Smash 4 pros convincingly like Nario, Abadango, Ally and ZeRo,. Heck I think that Salem is the only player to hold the distinction of Double Eliminating ZeRo at a competition.
However when it goes to the big majors (Big House, ZeRo Saga and Genesis. He falls short of the expectations people have for him. I kinda hesitate to called him the undisputed best Bayo main when he has failed to make top 8 at many recent majors. Especially now with Captain Zack now seemingly on the rise.

Right now i think Salem and Zack are tied for best Bayo main . I will say that Salem likely is better when he is playing at his best. But Zack has been more consistent overall. However I do predict Salem will rise above this current consistency issues eventually, and I can only see Zack improving and getting better results as well. So really the titel of "Best Bayo Main" and go to either of them in the future.

Last edited:

GlassSSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
The1N7
I think the list goes 1.Salem/Zack
2. 9B/Pink Fresh
3.Saj
4.JK
5.Wonf.

I have the pleasure of living in the same city as Zack so I've seen him play a lot and he is ridiculous and keeps improving. Salem has the best wins, but not the best placings. 9B and Pink Fresh both have pretty good placings and good win(especially Pink Fresh in his own region), but not as many as Zack and Salem. Saj doesn't really have the results as of now but has some great wins. JK is really on the rise and Wonf is the best bayo in Mexico. Honestly you could switch Wonf and JK because I haven't seen enough of them to judge but JK did get 7th at Genesis Saga.

Last edited:

mycrookedhairline

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4957-5395-2982
Salem is still the best, most notable wins, although zack places higher, salem is usually stuck with a more stacked bracket, as we saw at genesis with him facing ZeRo for 24th(I think)

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I'm still thinking Salem is best but it's hard to argue Zack and Salem aren't 1st and 2nd. Really just deciding between them two in which case my vote is for Salem. If we're talking about the best Smasher, likely Salem as well; he's brought out his Lucina quite a bit and his Samus solo'd a tournament in Florida! Best Bayonetta is also probably Salem. Zack's results should fade soon; maybe if he proves himself at Civil War and Frostbite, I would be willing to change my view

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
i think it should be incredibly clear that salem is the #1 bayo. He has the best wins by far, and doesn't have the ****ty losses or ****ty placements that zack possesses. He has won a plethora of regionals as well. At majors, he doesn't really ever get upset in a super unexpected way, and gets ****ed over by losers bracket a lot

people need to look more at wins and remember the regional level exists. Salem has beaten virtually every top player he's played, and his "worst" losses are close sets vs. players that are clearly around top 30 or better. sorry if i sound super angry but it's for a reason

Top Bottom