• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar Moveset Analysis

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Pros: Will post later

Cons: Will post later

B Moves

Neutral B: Pluck 11/10
The essence of this character. Plucks Pikmin. Know your pikmin! Though I dont see players actually hold on to their pikmin a lot, you still should know this: Leaf>Bud>Flower.
Pikmin are all invincible, until you throw them. The damage they take is unknown. I am still calculating it.
Red Pikmin:
fire based pikmin
high attack power
fair speed when thrown
flies straight when thrown
NO KNOCKBACK when thrown-except if chance of fire

Yellow Pikmin:
electricity based pikmin
fair attack power
fair speed when thrown.
flies in archs; easy to attach to opponent.
No Knockback when thrown-except if chance of electricity

Blue Pikmin:
High attack power
Fair speed when thrown
Flies straight when thrown
Slight knockback when thrown
lasts longer than any other pikmin

Purple pikmin:
High attack power
Slow speed when thrown.
Shorter distance when thrown.
Does not latch to oppnent.

White Pikmin:
poison based pikmin.
Weak attack power.
Fast when hitting opponent.
High speed when thrown.
Fair distance when thrown.

Will update more later. Id appreciate it if most of you will help me with this and give me information about his moveset. Thank You.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Just wondering, do you actually have the game? Because it's rather hard to post an analysis through just videos and not actually experimenting with the character yourself.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Well, I actually have a friend who has this game. Though he isnt really an analysis type of guy, he's trying.

And also, that's why i need some information on the people who actually have it!

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well, I actually have a friend who has this game. Though he isnt really an analysis type of guy, he's trying.

And also, that's why i need some information on the people who actually have it!
Well then go to his house and steal his Wiis and game. And then you play!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Just wondering, do you actually have the game?
I agree.

This thread is a wonderful idea, but you're about five weeks pre-mature. Until more of us can readily access Olimar and his moves, this thread won't be good for much. Once I get the game, however, I'll be sure to offer you my opinions if you'd so kindly factor them against everyone else's and organize the results.

Thanks a pikmin squadron.

BossNasty73

Smash Cadet
well until that time, i do have some info. The Red and Yellow pikmin are better for your melee attacks, whereas blue ones are very good when you use them to throw people. i always try to use a blue one when i am getting ready to throw someone. the purple and white I usually just throw with smash B.

Fatal_Aroma

Smash Rookie
I've been playing the game and Olimar is quickly becoming a favorite. All of Olimars move have very minimal lag. The way the pikmin have been described above is quite accurate.

If you happen to find yourself without pikmin most moves are going to be unavailable to you.
The only moves that you can do without any pikmin are:

Nair: Olimar spins in a circle, good priority, multiple hits fair knockback at the end.
Forward/Up/Down tilts: all pretty unremarkable, come out quick. The side one is a headbutt, the up one Olimar hops a bit and spins, and I forget the down one.

The smashes all use Pikmin and just consist of Olimar throwing the pikmin is various directions.
The forward smash length depends on the type of pikmin you use. All of the lengths are less than the side b. The white pikmin goes very far however does puny damage, it's in the 3-4% area for a forward smash white pikmin. The other colours fair much better as smashers, I believe all of them have very good knockback and range, the lag on this smash is minimal.

The down smash makes two pikmin come from the sides of olimar a short distance, same effect apply with colour of pikmin

The up smash as you can guess throws one pikmin above Olimar, same effects apply.

As for the side b, I rarely really hang on to my pikmin the added pressure of throwing the pikmin against your opponent helps a lot and sets you up for a lot of aerials.

As for the aerials:
Fair: Great attack, low lag, high knockback with most of the colours, decent range. I would compare it to Sheiks melee Fair, maybe a little slower.
BAir: I think it's the same as the Fair, not too sure.
Uair: Great multi hit attack, quick, can be done twice in one jump, seems to have good priority and a fair amount of knockback at the end.

Top Bottom