• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar Help

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
I've been able to hold off against fighting a captain olimar for a while now, but people I know are becoming more interested in him, and I'm wondering, is it possible for Bowser to beat Olimar? Tips would be nice, and thanks :D

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
If you keep your distance & get Olimar into the air, it'll make it much easier. And remember, the fire breath & infinite jump are your best friends when dealing with opponents with equal or superior range on the ground.

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
So, should I be staying in the air, or on the ground? A bit confused as both of those just clashed. And thanks, I'll use infinite more and fire breath

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Just Dtilts or Firebreath his pikmin when they come at you. Fortress out of shield when he approaches (pop off a surprised, from the ground Bowser Bomb out of a side step dodge or something for a cheap kill on rare occasions if he starts getting cocky). I recommend coming at him with ISJR Fairs and dont miss the opportunity to gimp his recovery.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I suggest staying grounded and using Firebreath. Use it for a short period of time tho. Olimar can jump out of it then punish you while your still in the firebreath animation. (The good ones will jump out of it anyways)

Forget about spacing in this match up and rush the Olimar but be smart. When rushing into him spot dodge to anti Olimar's quick grabs then punish with Up B while he's in grab animation. If you can save your Flying slam (Forward B special) for when he's at high damage.

It can be difficult sometimes to get him off the stage but when you do note that he can still attack you and get back on or he can just attack you making you bounce off the stage to your death while he dies along with you. Be sure to time when you edgehog him.

Key things. Firebreath and Up B is what you should be relying on the most.

Also once your at high damage you can kinda cool down and play patiently since your damage is already high I mean. You beat Olimar with range which is a big plus when your actually just spacing and playing patient.

but the reason I suggest rushing is so you don't take so much damage trying to get a hit on him while he just runs and spam pikman.

It'll take you some games to get a hold of it but I believe your find some interesting things you can do to win while brawling him.

I'd show you a vid of me brawling a good Olimar but I hardly brawl against Olimar's (not very popular anymore it seems)

Good Luck! :D and hope this helps.

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
Alright, thanks guys. I played the same Olimar user again and have found upB and firebreath to be really useful for getting easy percentage on him. I'm finding dtilting is really helpful for intimidating him not to grab me. I haven't beat him yet, but I've gotten much closer. Hopefully, I'll be able to soon, so thanks again everyone ^_^

Top Bottom