• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Captain Falcon uses the force (ledge option)

D3C0D3D

Smash Rookie
NNID
megamatt11
D3C0D3D submitted a new guide:

Captain Falcon uses the force (ledge option) - Captain Falcon has a very nice ledge option to gain quick invinsibility/attack your opponent easily.

Recently, I've been watching many tournaments with Captain Falcon players, and I've noticed that none of them uses a certain ledge option that I've discovered and have been using. I have discovered a way for Captain Falcon to quickly go to the ledge and gain invincibility (as that happens when you grab the ledge the first time in air), avoid an opponents attack when you're on a ledge, and also quickly punish their attack or attack them yourself.
Read more about this guide...

D3C0D3D

Smash Rookie
NNID
megamatt11
To do this, you must be on a stage that allows you to wall jump, such as Battlefield, FD, or Smashville. You must be off the stage, and below the ledge. If you are not touching the stage for you to wall jump, all you must do is double jump so you can touch the stage. All you need to now is simply wall jump to where you are across from the ledge, but there is one catch. You MUST press forward B (special), aka raptor boost immediately after you wall jump. This way, it looks like Captain Falcon is using the force to push himself to the ledge. This allows Falcon to quickly grab the ledge to gain invincibility. At first, this just sounds like a quick way to go to the ledge, which doesn't sound necessary, but I found out that this allows you to easily do many beneficial things as a ledge option. First, lets say your opponent is charging a smash attack above you on the stage near the ledge. You use this move to quickly go to the ledge and gain invincibility before your opponent releases the smash attack. You can also use this tech to punish your opponent after they have tried to attack you in a situation like this. I personally like to use this to defend myself quickly, but also offensively attack the opponent unexpectedly. For example, I use the force and after I grab the ledge, I drop down from the ledge, wall jump, and B-air the opponent if they are near the ledge.

This tech isn't amazing, but it does provide a quicker way to use Falcon's ledge options. Thanks, and I hope this helps! :)

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
To do this, you must be on a stage that allows you to wall jump, such as Battlefield, FD, or Smashville. You must be off the stage, and below the ledge. If you are not touching the stage for you to wall jump, all you must do is double jump so you can touch the stage. All you need to now is simply wall jump to where you are across from the ledge, but there is one catch. You MUST press forward B (special), aka raptor boost immediately after you wall jump. This way, it looks like Captain Falcon is using the force to push himself to the ledge. This allows Falcon to quickly grab the ledge to gain invincibility. At first, this just sounds like a quick way to go to the ledge, which doesn't sound necessary, but I found out that this allows you to easily do many beneficial things as a ledge option. First, lets say your opponent is charging a smash attack above you on the stage near the ledge. You use this move to quickly go to the ledge and gain invincibility before your opponent releases the smash attack. You can also use this tech to punish your opponent after they have tried to attack you in a situation like this. I personally like to use this to defend myself quickly, but also offensively attack the opponent unexpectedly. For example, I use the force and after I grab the ledge, I drop down from the ledge, wall jump, and B-air the opponent if they are near the ledge.

This tech isn't amazing, but it does provide a quicker way to use Falcon's ledge options. Thanks, and I hope this helps! :)
You should put this in the guide itself and not the discussion page.

Clell_Tickle

Smash Rookie
See, the one flaw with this is, if an opponent knows this, they can just ban FD and boom, now you can't use this, well except for Duck Hunt, but the stage is so low down and you only get a few feet before it goes off screen, it'll make it really hard.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
See, the one flaw with this is, if an opponent knows this, they can just ban FD and boom, now you can't use this, well except for Duck Hunt, but the stage is so low down and you only get a few feet before it goes off screen, it'll make it really hard.
You can wall jump on a lot of stages; he says it works on Battlefield/Smashville, and it isn't hard on Duck Hunt since you're wall jumping close to the ledge. Also, this really isn't good enough of a reason to ban a stage.

Top Bottom