• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Jank/Cheese Thread

MattyMutt

Smash Cadet
Sup guys? I'm looking for some goofy gimmicks to incorporate into my gameplay, mostly for style points and trolling during friendlies. I just joined so apologies in advance if this thread has been done to death already.

You can share anything, even if it's stage or matchup specific, technical or stupid simple. I'll get the ball rolling with a few examples that I already use/know.

spam < 100% regular getup on the Pokemon Stadium rock transformation cliff ledge, when you get up you'll slide right back off and regrab ledge, almost like a derpy hax dash for dummies.

If you're standing on rock transformation with your opponent on one side of you, and the ramp or glitch ledge on the other, you can side-b away from them and immediately back towards them to make them flinch.

up-b OoS as a defensive option

side-b off randall to grab ledge

Dnae

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0104-2706-5564
Welcome to the boards. Theres a lot of cool stuff you can do with moonwalking i.e. Charlies, sticky walk, and moonwalk grabs. It looks really cool and isnt technical, you just have to practice it a little bit to get the timings. Theres also some cool stuff you can do with walljumping, Metal Gear Salad has put up a few videos of weird wall jump stuff that you have to look into.

Sorry if this stuff seems too technical. dont be intimidated because it really isnt. I love falcon jank, good post.

Last edited:

MattyMutt

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the boards. Theres a lot of cool stuff you can do with moonwalking i.e. Charlies, sticky walk, and moonwalk grabs. It looks really cool and isnt technical, you just have to practice it a little bit to get the timings. Theres also some cool stuff you can do with walljumping, Metal Gear Salad has put up a few videos of weird wall jump stuff that you have to look into.

Sorry if this stuff seems too technical. dont be intimidated because it really isnt. I love falcon jank, good post.
Thanks man! I appreciate the thoughtful reply, and as I said in the OP, technical stuff is more than welcome. I'm new to the boards but no stranger to melee, I've been playing competitively for about a year and a half now, and I can say pretty confidently that I'm at least moderately technical. I can wavedash/land, shffl, hax dash, scar jump, dash attack < wall jump, pivot, etc., although I've yet to sit down and train myself to moonwalk or do any variations of moonwalk. It seems hella fun and a great way to up your in-game swagger, but I find myself struggling to make it work even a little. Sometimes I feel like my fingers just aren't fast enough.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
My favorite Falcon jank is either tech chasing with a leaping turn around Falcon Punch, or returning to the stage with a descending Falcon Punch. Also, on fastfallers, up smash combos into knee at lower percents (~35-50% after the hit depending on character), works amazingly on spacies.

Dnae

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0104-2706-5564
My favorite Falcon jank is either tech chasing with a leaping turn around Falcon Punch, or returning to the stage with a descending Falcon Punch. Also, on fastfallers, up smash combos into knee at lower percents (~35-50% after the hit depending on character), works amazingly on spacies.
Raptor boost -> slightly charged up smash -> knee

bread and butter :yeahboi:

Dnae

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0104-2706-5564
Thanks man! I appreciate the thoughtful reply, and as I said in the OP, technical stuff is more than welcome. I'm new to the boards but no stranger to melee, I've been playing competitively for about a year and a half now, and I can say pretty confidently that I'm at least moderately technical. I can wavedash/land, shffl, hax dash, scar jump, dash attack < wall jump, pivot, etc., although I've yet to sit down and train myself to moonwalk or do any variations of moonwalk. It seems hella fun and a great way to up your in-game swagger, but I find myself struggling to make it work even a little. Sometimes I feel like my fingers just aren't fast enough.
its just a mental block. you will get it with a little practice. if you play falcon, your fingers are fast enough.

p.s. you can go into training mode and put the speed on 1/2

Captain JOHN

Smash Cadet
NNID
DatCarl
use raptor boost to tech chase. nobody does it even tho its optimal (tas lol Kappa) looks super dumb too. you can also raptor boost underneath lasers against falco. if you play against a peach catch her turnips and down throw them cause falcon looks like michael jordan swish when he does that. FYI ive only won house tourneys so i dont know how useful this info is

MattyMutt

Smash Cadet
oh I just remembered another! If they miss the DI, d-throw combos into u-smash against puff at/near 0%, lmao

Xtra_Crispy

Smash Cadet
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/smash/images/thumb/0/09/PS_Rock.png/500px-PS_Rock.png
On the far right of this stage, there's that stupid little lip where the transformation meets up with the white border. You can raptor boost against that and be able to act immediately after. I personally like raptor boost right -> raptor boost back left to pseudo dashdance lol (Jeapie likes raptor boost right, full analog jump right knee to edgeguard here)

You also can edgecancel your recovery/ areals on that for a bit more jank.

Upsmash through a platform to hard read techchase is really fun because it works on most stages and only hits the last hit so they can't SDI.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and upAir to upB instead of knee because who didn't like 64?

Last edited:

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
rising falcon punch on the edge while facing in. Lord did it against hax in the falcon round robin. reverse hitbox on the start up of falcon kick is mega cheesy. Moon walk into anything that isn't bair. Pretty much any reverse hitbox. anything involving a smash attack. Covering stomp follow up with falcon punch if they don't DI. Soft knee combos (this one can be pretty difficult though). Spamming rapid attack when you miss your gentleman.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/smash/images/thumb/0/09/PS_Rock.png/500px-PS_Rock.png
On the far right of this stage, there's that stupid little lip where the transformation meets up with the white border. You can raptor boost against that and be able to act immediately after. I personally like raptor boost right -> raptor boost back left to pseudo dashdance lol (Jeapie likes raptor boost right, full analog jump right knee to edgeguard here)

Upsmash through a platform to hard read techchase is really fun because it works on most stages and only hits the last hit so they can't SDI.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and upAir to upB instead of knee because who didn't like 64?
Use the stupid lip to set up a tech-chase.

You pretty much cover every option with knee/stomp in place if they tech on the lip LOOOOL

MattyMutt

Smash Cadet
WHAT? Jank/10, gonna start doing that now thx

Edit: just remembered something else dumb and silly you can do just to troll in friendlies or w/e. If you stand on the tiny platforms on the sides of the thing in the middle of peaches castle with any falcon but green falcon IIRC (his model is a bit bigger than the rest so he'll just fall off) you can spam d-smash and it will cancel the animation immediately. The result? "HEUHAUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEU"

Best taunt ever.

Last edited:

Xtra_Crispy

Smash Cadet
Learned the edge cancel with gannon cuz you could stomp + jab super fast

also, Side-b recovery high enough where you possibly hit them and grab ledge

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

Fun fact: Falcon Punch on ledge is guaranteed on Falcon/anyone who can't sweetspot ledge and doesn't have a hitbox in recovery.

EDIT: Finding new link because that one is broken.

EDIT 2: I also just remembered that if you do a perfectly timed stomp on Sheik on the last hitbox of the fire poof, it will clank and as long as Sheik misses the sweetspot, it will hit. Not something to do intentionally, but still interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom