• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain falcon is fun. Period.

tonkamike

Smash Rookie
I never used him in any of the other games, I used Mario, so i missed out on the epic glory that you all have experienced, apparently. I now know the error of my ways.

Captain falcon may not be the best character or even above average, but he is absolutely the most fun to play. I think we can all agree that if we wanted to win we'd all use marth or falco. But it's not about winning is it? It's about being obnoxious and over the top. It is about Stomping the Yard, kneeing people in the crotch, falcone pawnching people off the screen with 1 stock left and they have 3.

Say what you want about captain falcon sucking, but i know after playing all the characters, nothing feels more rewarding than landing any hit with Falcon. Nothing. And that is why we play. Its not about the W, its about your friends rolling on the floor laughing at the dude who just got owned by one of the crappiest characters. don't abandon falcon, don't be a girl.

Mann

Smash Ace
It is rewarding to land a hit with Falcon. It boosts people's ego, to win with Falcon. Landing Falcon punches, create some of the best oh**** moments.

It just sucks to practice with him and still have a hard time during competitive play.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
No one is going to abandon Falcon.

They're just going to abandon him in tourneys.

FalcoLeetness

Smash Cadet
I disagree, I think he was fun in Melee and now he sucks and is no longer fun to play because he has been severely nerfed and you can no longer fly across the stage with momentum like you used to be able to..

although the reverse falcon punch is a nice feature

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I've tried to play Brawl Falcon and it just hasn't clicked with me at all. I played him in Melee pretty often, and I'd rather not give up playing him but it really just seems that he's dead now.

I didn't find him fun to play as, actually. He was fun to play in Melee, he had flashy combos that weren't even hard to do. Like Mann said, it felt rewarding to use him. I don't get that feeling at all in Brawl... it's just not the same.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
In my opinion the only three things in Brawl that can compete with Falcon in terms of hilarity are hearing Ike's victory "I fight for my friends", spamming Mr. Game and Watch's bell taunts, ans spamming Sonic's "You're too slow!" taunt. Actually Mr. Game and Watch is nearly as hilarious of a character overall but Falcon takes the cake. Falcon still has the style, still has the muscles, and still has the voice of a champion. lol

As for tourney dropping him, I won't. My number one priority in Smash is to have fun whether I'm in a friendly or otherwise. Compromising that ideal for the sake of winning a couple extra matches before inevitably losing anyways would just make the entire thing a waste. If people want to see what kind of a Smash player I am, they'll have to see my Falcon.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
tonkamike, the difference between yourself and a lot of ignorant players is that you understand that falcon is not nearly as good as other characters in the game. Having said that, I commend you for actually having a good reason to continue playing falcon. The problem is with posts like this...

**** that,
and **** the post under right above this. I'll play Falcon, and I'll win.

If you can own me with falcon...I would have to think that you could own me even harder with half the other characters in this game.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
tonkamike, the difference between yourself and a lot of ignorant players is that you understand that falcon is not nearly as good as other characters in the game. Having said that, I commend you for actually having a good reason to continue playing falcon. The problem is with posts like this...

**** that,
and **** the post under right above this. I'll play Falcon, and I'll win.

If you can own me with falcon...I would have to think that you could own me even harder with half the other characters in this game.
I realize I've got no reputation, and therefore, I get no respect. That's fine, I'm not asking for it.
Look, I'm just a bit over zealous in my attitude towards Falcon. I wouldn't consider myself an ignorant player though.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
I consider Brawl much more balanced compared to melee.

Except like in all games, there just are those characters that does well, and characters that doesn't do so well. And unfortunately, Marth is still amazing, and characters that were more unique (IC's) got hammered.

I probably won't see Falcon winning tourneys unless something drastic happens, which I don't think it will (most AT's are character specific now). The really good characters atm (Toon, Falco, Marth, Meta, etc.) are just solid counters against falcon.

So just have fun using him, and if you ever go to a tourney, just be prepared to have a secondary.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I consider Brawl much more balanced compared to melee.

Except like in all games, there just are those characters that does well, and characters that doesn't do so well. And unfortunately, Marth is still amazing, and characters that were more unique (IC's) got hammered.

I probably won't see Falcon winning tourneys unless something drastic happens, which I don't think it will (most AT's are character specific now). The really good characters atm (Toon, Falco, Marth, Meta, etc.) are just solid counters against falcon.

So just have fun using him, and if you ever go to a tourney, just be prepared to have a secondary.
My secondary is Ganondorf...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
In my opinion the only three things in Brawl that can compete with Falcon in terms of hilarity are hearing Ike's victory "I fight for my friends", spamming Mr. Game and Watch's bell taunts, ans spamming Sonic's "You're too slow!" taunt. Actually Mr. Game and Watch is nearly as hilarious of a character overall but Falcon takes the cake. Falcon still has the style, still has the muscles, and still has the voice of a champion. lol
My opinion is Wario is the funniest character in the game. But lol, comparing Falcon to those ones, G&W is funnier than him. Srsly, although he doesn't have trouble getting KOs, some of the ways he CAN get KOs are really funny. U-air wind effect can kill on small stages, Up-B pushback can gimp Lucas and Ness. Yeah, and the thing is it's also really easy to accidentally run into his Smash attacks and then start suddenly go flying in the other direction.

but Falcon has the epic voice actor yeah.

Mizar

Smash Ace
Uhm, I main Falcon right now and he's the only one I can win with against my practice mate. He plays a pretty good samus/Zsamus. Or is falcon a Samus counter? o.o But really, it feels like falcon moves most fluent for me.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Mizar, Falcon is definitely NOT a Z/Samus counter by any means. In fact those two pose problems for Falcon due to his lack of ranged attacks. So good job owning with Falcon against tough matchups.

Top Bottom