• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon filling in an empty slot: Feelings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
How do you all feel about Captain Falcon's returning, and why?

Some people were very upset, because they believed that Sakurai had a perfect opportunity to get another great character to return, or to bring another one in entirely. Or at least my friends felt that way 0-0 I don't know about everyone else though.

Opinions?

Last edited:

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure everyone here knew he was returning, considering he is almost the face of smash brothers, represents his own series, everybody is demanding that nintendo makes another f-zero, he has been in all 3 games, and in an interview Sakurai mentioned the falcon punch.

As for your last few lines I have no idea what you mean by it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There were people who doubted the return of Captain Falcon?

I don't mean to be rude, but he was one of the most obvious vets to date. No one should have expected him to go anywhere.

Do these people even smash? :4falcon:

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Why would anyone think Captain Falcon would be cut?

The face of a series (F-Zero) which has been represented since the original Smash and his appearances in Smash have made him almost iconic to the franchise itself.

Falcon's appearance also doesn't impact the playability of another character. They were never in competition with him. Other "less important" veterans? Maybe, but not Falcon. He isn't a low priority character.

Last edited:

King Orfut

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
I'm going to give it straight, I NEVER saw it coming

Opinions?
No, I'm going to give it to YOU straight, your a ****ing moron if you didn't see him coming back.
I know I'm risking infractions, but I don't care. It needed to be said.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you doubted Captain Falcon's return, aka the character everyone loves to watch the most in every smash game ever, you're nuts.

Even the series director says he's the coolest smash character.

He's one of the best fighting game characters ever.

He's got the look, the movement, the skills, and the just sheer sexy offensive focus that makes it to where anything can happen that just makes him THE FAN FAVORITE!!!
I've just never been a fan of him, so I assumed he wouldn't be coming back.
Your opinion isn't our reality. And thank God, because some of us actually play Smash Bros. games.
Some people were very upset, because they believed that Sakurai had a perfect opportunity to get another great character to return, or to bring another one in entirely.
No one was upset here about Captain Falcon returning at all.

I mean seriously.

This happened this weekend...

...and this happened today!!!

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
You thought he wouldn't be coming back just because you don't particularly like him? What's with that logic xD

Falcon is an icon and a fan favourite, Smash wouldn't be Smash without him.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

Some people were very upset, because they believed that Sakurai had a perfect opportunity to get another great character to return, or to bring another one in entirely. Or at least my friends felt that way 0-0 I don't know about everyone else though.

Opinions?

I felt a bit nervous from his reveal being a bit late this year but it came. To those who got upset over his returning inclusion, they shouldn't be. Do they not know Falcon is one of thee faces of Smash Brothers? The amount of Meme fan-base Falcon Punch has? Smashers became Smashers for Falcon the moment they realized & utilized his Smash 64 move, "FALLCON. .PUNCH!" which was completely made-up by Sakurai himself, kudos.

My subjective opinion still stands, :4falcon: is & always will be the manliest face of Super Smash Brothers. F-Zero could use at least 1 more character if that.

Love the other Falcon Fans replying, & OMG @ Johnknight1 Johnknight1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!:4falcon:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I knew he'd come back, even when most Falcon fans were losing hope.
I was one of them, for a split moment. Back when I was at a smashfest, we were reading some NeoGAF posts & threads & someone announced the Captain was revealed I was hyped beyond hyped. Then I got trolled by that & PacMan got revealed instead.

I was definitely salty about it, so I played Project M Falcon & demolished things.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I was one of them, for a split moment. Back when I was at a smashfest, we were reading some NeoGAF posts & threads & someone announced the Captain was revealed I was hyped beyond hyped. Then I got trolled by that & PacMan got revealed instead.

I was definitely salty about it, so I played Project M Falcon & demolished things.
Well he's here now in glorious HD quality, that helmit has never looked better, it kinda makes me with he had a headbutt attack, the sound effect would be powerful on that.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Who the hell doesn't like Captain Falcon? Pulling off a perfect Falcon Punch finisher is one of the defining moments of any Smash game.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Why do people insist with this foolishness of "slots"? SLOTS MEAN NOTHING. The number of characters was decided a long time ago, and only Greninja had a "slot" reserved but the roster was finished anyways so it doesn't matter, and Lucina came late and is a bonus character. SLOTS MEAN NOTHING! They are just part of the select screen but don't say how many characters there are. Captain Falcon doesn't "steal" anyone's "slot" because he was decided to be in the game before it was announced, Greninja had a reserved spot because Pokemon is a mess, and Lucina doesn't steal anyone's spot because she is an extra. ENOUGH with this "steal a slot BS"

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
He was bound to be in there. Not only is he one of the original 12 from 64, but his moveset was completely from the beta version (I think) for 64. He's a reminder of Smash 64's roots... Plus, he's the only rep for f-zero

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Well, I am not a big fan of captain falcon. At times it can be fun to KNEE OF JUSTICE and admire his manliness (especially when pink), but I like ganondorf better. However, it would be strange for C. Falcon not to be in it because, well, he's one of the main characters, like others have said. So, even though I didn't watch any interviews, it still was logical to me. I just hope ganondorf will return as well. About the other veterans I don't care. Like new chars more.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW

Opinions?
Who feels that way?

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Feels ****ing great, as he's one of my favorite fighting game characters and F-Zero is one of my favorite series, period.

Even if you don't like him or his franchise, you've got to recognize the importance of F-Zero to Nintendo and the racing genre as a whole. Don't expect the Captain to be cut anytime soon, if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom