• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon ditto combo?

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
I was practicing for a tournament coming up so I played the Captain. I was trying out his Dair to Fair kill combo until I messed up and did a second Dair to an Up tilt then a Fair. I didn't know if this a good kill combo or not in competitive play, so I came to the Captain Falcon mains for help. Has this helped you in competitive play or not? Did you even know about this before you saw this post? Is it a good strategy? Let me know below what you think!
upload_2015-10-24_18-54-5.jpeg

ItsIve

Smash Cadet
Yeah this would be a good combo for people who don't know how to tech or can't do it consistently. Because this combo gives them (I think) three chances to tech, it might not work as effectively on better players, it might be great as a mix-up though. Also I think that this combo isn't really exclusive to other Falcons, I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this done on Ganon somewhere. You might also have to read an air-dodge too. I'm not really sure how the stomp works though because sometimes people are able to air-dodge immediately and sometimes they're stuck in hit-stun for a super long time. But yeah this combo is gonna do at least 40-50 percent and is also going to be super flashy. Good find!

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah this would be a good combo for people who don't know how to tech or can't do it consistently. Because this combo gives them (I think) three chances to tech, it might not work as effectively on better players, it might be great as a mix-up though. Also I think that this combo isn't really exclusive to other Falcons, I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this done on Ganon somewhere. You might also have to read an air-dodge too. I'm not really sure how the stomp works though because sometimes people are able to air-dodge immediately and sometimes they're stuck in hit-stun for a super long time. But yeah this combo is gonna do at least 40-50 percent and is also going to be super flashy. Good find!
Thanks for the tip! :)

Top Bottom