• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Captain Douglas Falcon::.

Madao

Crouch cancel begins frame 1. I paused Nemu, held down, advanced 1 frame, and it was already active. I was using Ness though (if that even makes a difference).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i crouch cancel a lot these days in situations where I got nothing else I can do. Also sometimes I crouch not necessarily to crouch cancel, but to actually duck attacks in certain situations

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so a few months ago i was working on that pivot combo and i still haven't been able to hit it so i tried to rework it to make it even more difficult because if i couldn't do the first one why the **** not right

start under left dL plat, about midway - this is important because you don't want the throw after the pivot to put them on the top plat

anyway it's grab -> fthrow -> fair -> pivot grab -> fthrow -> reverse bair (land on platform) -> running platdrop uair -> sh falcon punch

i have only been able to get the running platdrop uair once tonight and i've missed at least 600 zcancels on the reverse bair, and i honestly have no idea if the sh falcon punch would even connect, or if there's a cooler way to finish

also starting under right plat i've been trying: fthrow -> nair -> fthrow -> reverse bair -> uair -> upb. it seems to work and only has two di'able moves really since it's dumb hard to DI out of that uair -> upb at the end like that. really just a semi flashy z2d that could be dumbed down a bunch

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if sh falcon punch hits, since it's pretty much like a grounded one.

grab -> fthrow -> fair -> pivot grab -> fthrow -> reverse bair (land on platform) -> running platdrop uair -> sh falcon punch
I know it works if you change the blue part with: run off uair → stick/c-jump falcon punch.
and since falcon can pivot off the side plat from any point (pretty much), you could do a reverse uair or sth

rustyw

Smash Cadet
pretty sure sh falcon punch is the same as standing falcon punch, no? you end up on the ground when it punches

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
nah, you can angle it up and stay above the ground a little higher, but i'm having problems doing that consistently on emulator

but i don't know if it affects anything and it seems kinda hard

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Why have you summoned me here, Robert?

EDIT: Nvm lol. I'm on it.

EDIT 2: Nvm again lol. I'm not on it. I'll try it later, I can't play right now.

EDIT 3:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
I don't think Falcon has enough hit stun for a running platdrop uair falcon punch in that combo. Got a FAKE one off (meter RESETS). Maybe if ur god and can FF uair from that platform. Though I can't do that **** from those platforms, only FF bairs and fairs.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
So I'm not sure whether or not this has been brought up anytime before, but it's been nagging at me for a while. Has nobody ever seen the connection between Captain Falcon and the beta Dragon King: The Fighting Game characters? http://www.ssbwiki.com/Dragon_King:_The_Fighting_Game

Just look at the images there. There's not a whole lot to go by of course, but I can see Captain Falcon's forward tilt in all of those images, and his jab in the left most. Due to their similar body structures (in fact, I bet you could slap a Falcon texture on those guys and almost pass it on for real), I wouldn't be surprised if this is where Sakurai got Falcon's moveset from, just ultimately tweaked to include Falcon's by-now signature falcon stuff. It would make sense, I'd say. What do you guys think?

Maybe this is why Falcon is one of Sakurai's favourite characters too (or so I've heard), due to the fact that he was able to somewhat keep the spirit alive of the original idea through Falcon's moveset.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Oh cool I've never heard of that Dragon King thing before, neat. Yeah looks like falcon from the pictures. I see what looks like his downsmash, ftilt and jab.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Oh cool I've never heard of that Dragon King thing before, neat. Yeah looks like falcon from the pictures. I see what looks like his downsmash, ftilt and jab.
I thought I saw his down smash too, but keep in mind Falcon had a pretty different down smash in Smash 64 than he did in Melee and Brawl. One looks like his Melee/Brawl down smash, but not his Smash 64 one.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I thought I saw his down smash too, but keep in mind Falcon had a pretty different down smash in Smash 64 than he did in Melee and Brawl. One looks like his Melee/Brawl down smash, but not his Smash 64 one.
I don't play melee or brawl, I don't even know what falcons downsmash looks like them lol.

I was talking about the white one in this picture.

I mean it doesn't look exactly like it, but kinda resembles it idk.

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I don't play melee or brawl, I don't even know what falcons downsmash looks like them lol.

I was talking about the white one in this picture.

I mean it doesn't look exactly like it, but kinda resembles it idk.
Looks more like the start-up of the Falcon Kick to me, or some kind of odd running animation. Certainly not the down smash though. Or maybe it's down tilt? I think that kind of looked like that, somewhat.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Looks more like the start-up of the Falcon Kick to me, or some kind of odd running animation. Certainly not the down smash though. Or maybe it's down tilt? I think that kind of looked like that, somewhat.
Looks like down smash to me.

Last edited:

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Okay, I know this is not really the place but I am playing Falcon so it slightly relevant.

I am having trouble doing fast aerials in the sense that I can shffl on melee perfect, and can z cancel fine on 64... but I cannot do it fast like I see all the pros do... Please help? Can you shffl on 64 technically?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
unlike in melee, you can't fast fall while in attack animation. you can fast fall before pressing A, but sh → ff → aerial → z-cancel isn't really a staple technique in 64.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
unlike in melee, you can't fast fall while in attack animation. you can fast fall before pressing A, but sh → ff → aerial → z-cancel isn't really a staple technique in 64.
So what am I seeing the pro's do? The do their aerials so fast?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
they're either fast falling before hitting A, or fast falling after the whole attack animation is over. there's really nothing else to it.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Okay, I know this is not really the place but I am playing Falcon so it slightly relevant.

I am having trouble doing fast aerials in the sense that I can shffl on melee perfect, and can z cancel fine on 64... but I cannot do it fast like I see all the pros do... Please help? Can you shffl on 64 technically?
So what am I seeing the pro's do? The do their aerials so fast?
You may simply not be hitting A fast enough out of jump because you're used to the c-stick. What exactly do you mean by 'fast aerials'? Can you give an example, or post a vid of what you can't do?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Maybe the fast way you're mentioning is fast falling from Dreamland's side platform? That's really hard to do (nair and dair are alright, fair and bair are harder and uair is really difficult) and that's very fast.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Maybe the fast way you're mentioning is fast falling from Dreamland's side platform? That's really hard to do (nair and dair are alright, fair and bair are harder and uair is really difficult) and that's very fast.
****ing u air is impossible. F/Bair feels simple enough, I just FF by running off and then wackin' the stick diagonally so that it comes out as B/Fair. I actually have an easier time getting those out than nair.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I did a couple uairs on accident trying to nair. CPU does it all the time, we really suck :troll: I do find bair and fair really difficult as well but my techskill is pretty bad.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Random thought: Did Sakurai ever explain why Capt. Falcon's moveset was chosen for him? I mean, he was such a fighter where there was no basis for his moveset (being a racer, and all). Do you think it's possible that Falcon's move was from a character originally designed for Smash's first concept: Dragon King?

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
If they ever remade 64 then falcon better get a knee scale so when you hit them the power of it shows up like G&W

Maliki

Smash Ace
Hey guys.
Just curious to how other people practice falcon movement.

I usually would just go on training mode and mess around.
Anybody have another way of practicing it?

Maliki

Smash Ace
Sup guys.

Once again i'm asking for advice on how you all train falcon movement.

What you do in training mode basically

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I need advice in Comboing Samus!
Forward air, back air, and up air are really useful, just look out for Samus b-airs and d-airs mostly.

The issue with Samus in this matchup is that Falcon has well much better priority and much more speed. Overwhelm Samus with your better moves and you'll win.

Also, look below

Last edited:
Top Bottom