• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cape techable?

SandWraith

Smash Cadet
Actually, it is techable, though apparently really hard. Viperboy manages to pull off a cape edge tech in his "teaching the tech" video.

Eggz

Smash Hero
It is only techable when it is an impact cape, which only works on certain moves.

Impact cape is where you hit them with the cape, and instead of their trajectory being reversed, they fall straight down, or land on the ground in stun time. Impact capes works on certain characters during certain animations, and shouldn't be relied on unless you completely know what moves those are.

Fox and Falco's illusions are prime examples of impact capable moves.

Rep pour moi? PLEASE? LOL

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Im no pro or anything...I play Falcon as my main, but Iv played my share of Marios and YES I wall-teched the cape atleast on 3 different occassions... either take this advice or dont but I immiedietly noticed the only way I could tech the cape was after the turn around or during the tunr-around...not before it even touched me....I hope this helped.

Top Bottom