• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cape Knockback

Zonak

Smash Cadet
One thing I've noticed in all my months playing Doc, is that the cape will sometimes have the most minuscule knockback and ridiculous hit stun. I used to think it was random, but there seemed to be an underlying pattern underneath. There are indeed certain conditions in which the Super Sheet becomes the most disgusting move in the game. The only times I've actually repeated the knockback was either hitting Fox or Falco from their Side-B, or hitting someone hanging on the edge (but you seem to have to line it up correctly).

So, I definitely think that this phenomenon is deliberate and repeatable, but I'm not completely sure under what conditions it's guaranteed to cause knockback. Does anyone know more about this? It's a really powerful tool that leads to guaranteed hits or kills, and if we can crack the code, it would be a great mix up/combo starter.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I really wish I knew too... I think it has something to do with if it clashes with another attack that's around the same percent... i'm not sure though... I'll play around with it some time

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
I've experienced it the most when caping Space Animal Illusions. With fast-fallers like them, though, it's basically a guaranteed KO anyway because the hit-stun is so long.

I'm no expert, but I'm fairly certain that this happens when the forced turn-around animation gets rejected. I've also seen it when the cape hits a rising attack or a ledge-climb attack.

Top Bottom