• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cape Hug Cancel with edge guard

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
So, I'm not sure if this has been talked about or not. With the boards lagging as much as they have been, it's easier to just make (another?) thread than spend 5 hours searching 1 page of threads...

Anyway, while holding on the ledge you can press back and then immediately cape to basically cape from the ledge. Due to the small amount of frames on the cape, you can cape the opposite way to do the cape ledge/hug cancel...thing - in other words - edgeguard + fast ledgehog

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test this against a human yet, but seems like it could be pretty effective if indeed human tests prove successful

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
already been posted, but thanks for your time on researching more techniques for the beast.

also here is a fun technique I havent made a special thread about it because it should really be kept in the dark because it is dirtier than a 2 dollar hoe.

grab on the edge, cape away from edge, tilt stick towards edge, rinse and repeat. here you basically got an infinite cape stall, that will reflect recoveries and also let you edgehog all in one nice package.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to get at. Except instead of tilting back into a hugged ledge grab, cape back - less lag.

Need to find someone that can do frame by frame data to see if there is any invincibility frames, or at least how long the gap is between the cape ending and mario grabbing the ledge so we know how much (or little) time the person has to grab the ledge to see if it is even worth it

Help!

Smash Journeyman
seriously this one edgehog is like the top 5 threads on this board... lol anyways yeah...

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
yeah bro, umm its been already posted. Right here... http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152241 , you just have to go through the thread for it. Posted it myself.
gg indeed cHoo

too bad you werent the first

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=140564
post #12
Let´s just share the honor and name the technique MikecHoo KayHawk (Mario Infinitely Keeps Edge Caping Hopefull Opponents Outwards, Killing All Your Hallusinations About Wonderfull Killer-saves)

Top Bottom