• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Capcom

courte

Smash Lord
We all know that nintendo has recently become very very lazy. Porting gamecube titles to the wii with little, none, or simply bad modification to the way you play. (DK Racing game, New Fire Emblem) I am fearful that this is the same fate that awaits the new Kirby console title, as it was canceled for the GC. Here's to hoping it turns out ok.

Also, Capcom's relations with Nintendo appear to be strengthening. I recently read an article regarding the next megaman title appearing on the wii... I certainly hope it isn't some simple gimmick game(Link's crossbow training, i like you and all but i'm looking at you.) I could see it happening if they actually focused and tried hard. Let's face it; while capcom games certainly do look "great"(DMC3 Cutscenes=point), they don't go about the best way of doing so, therefore the wii's graphic capabilities could definley handle what ever they throw at them.

And i would LOVE to see a new onimusha done well on the wii. While I consider four an ok addition in terms of gameplay and the new moves (++), it was such a far departure from the initial series

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Everybody is jumping on the wii moneytrain with lazy ports. If you are going to port a game make it a good one like okami. Nintendo isn't the perpetrator the 3rd parties are. Then they blame nintendo for their games not selling, my solution is to make better games not blame people.

courte

Smash Lord
but what about the third parties that nintendo owns?? from what i've heard resident evil wii was actually pretty good, but nintendo's own last minute switch ports leave much to leave desires i mean i bongo racing game where you CAN'T use the bongos??

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Elaborate on the third parties the big N owns. The only one i think they own is nexon (Maplestory) or something like that. Gamecube graphics are still good and the wii has a gamecube in it. It (Donkey kong...) wasn't a lazy port like farcry (Ubisoft is the one to blame for the hour of my life i will never get back) and i do believe they kinda stopped supporting the gamecube with LoZ:TP as its swansong. There would be alot of confusion(Amongst shoppers) and money spent for producing it for both systems. The ditching of the gamecube imo, was due to the introduction of the wii.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Elaborate on the third parties the big N owns. The only one i think they own is nexxcon (Maplestory) or something like that. Gamecube graphics are still good and the wii has a gamecube in it. It (Donkey kong...) wasn't a lazy port like farcry (Ubisoft is the one to blame for the hour of my life i will never get back) and i do believe they kinda stopped supporting the gamecube with LoZ:TP as its swansong. There would be alot of confusion(Amongst shoppers) and money spent for producing it for both systems. The ditching of the gamecube imo, was due to the introduction of the wii.
Nintendo doesn't own nexxcon. They are partners.

courte

Smash Lord
i can sympathize with that, but it seems a bit unnesscary imo. A game with bongos as the gimmick seems odd when you take that portion out of the equation, and i haven't tried out the new fire emblem, but i wonder much of it is utilizing the wii's specific capabilities

i could argue playstation 2 is still producing titles but we all know thats a ******** arguement, because they have the power to do so. But from the reveiw i read, that DK racer would have controller much better on the Bongo's so even if it meant a GC release, it would have been for quality over... well i can't say i know WHAT they opted for in that decision but i hope it works for them :chuckle:

El HP

Smash Ace
I agree with some points nintendo talking about innovation yet they port last gen games to Wii Zelda, Paper Mario, DK, FE.

I hope that not only capcom but third parties in general take the Wii more seriously creating great games and not crappy cash in.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
These games have been optimized up the yinyang though, look at twilight princess. Its the third parties you have to worry about. They are in it for the money, wait till wiiware games come out, too many Quick cash ins.

Top Bottom