• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Capcom VS All Stars Mafia - Miracles don't exist (Mafia wins)

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Okay sorry I'm supid lol.

Also, Crusher isn't in the group yet, so he might not be getting the notifications, should I reach out him or just wait a bit?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I don't want to make any commitments until Tomorrow night (classes are all over).

Start without me if need be. Dont want to be holding things up.
:061:
I'll put you on the spectator list for now, but game might not start just yet, so there's a chance you can still play.

Aight guys, I'll give you a rundown on how things are going. I'm still waiting on Crusher to know if he's playing or not. And I want to know if White was serious about leaving the game or not. If he stays then we would be 15 and I should be ready to start sending roles.

Even though I've decided the roles to cut already I'm waiting on the approval of Golden, so whenever that's decided and everything is confirmed, the roles will be sent and all that. Sorry for making this sign up period so long...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Deal.

No more stupid tags.

D

Deleted member

Ooo, this game looking spicy.
Going to unleash my Hadoken and Shoryuken.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ah! Have you played mafia before?
Nope

I'm going in blind lol

Oh hey crusher!
Always nice to see a fellow IGN-er on here. Maybe we can have a little reunion? lol

Oh hey Crusher! Glad you decided to try mafia! Try reading the first post of the thread since there is where I explain how to play mafia, but I'll give you a little rundown.

Mafia is about two parties, the town and the mafiosos. The town have to get rid of the mafia and the mafiosos have to outnumber the town in order to win the game. To do that, every day people can cast a vote and whoever receives more votes will be executed. During night time, you can talk to other players trough PM's, and it's where you normally choose the skill you want to use (you don't choose the character who you want, you just get assigned one of the roles I made at random). That's the general idea, but if you have more questions then don't hesitate to ask.

Also, one of the moderators of the group, send him an invitation to join so he can get the notifications from the group.
Well since you put it that way...

- So if I were assigned a role, I have to keep my role safe by not telling anyone right? What happens if I end up with people targeting me? Get them off my back?

- Why are there so many rules? Too many I can become lost easily

- Maybe a practice round for those of us who are unfamiliar? Better to have a hands on experience than to go blind and become frustrated (or at least from my perspective)

Well, going to ask those who I don't know if they finally decided to play or not hahaha

@AEMehr CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592 A Distant Demon A Distant Demon

Are you guys playing or nah?
...I said yes to playing

• If anything goes wrong, just go and blame me. Don't worry, after all this time being a lawyer I'm used to this kind of thing.
An excellent advise here. I"ll be sure to blame you for when I'm dead :troll:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
- So if I were assigned a role, I have to keep my role safe by not telling anyone right? What happens if I end up with people targeting me? Get them off my back?
It's your job to convince everyone else you're harmless, even and especially if you're not.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
CrusherMania1592 said:
Always nice to see a fellow IGN-er on here. Maybe we can have a little reunion? lol
well hopefully in this reunion we will be on the same team right XD

D

Deleted member

Assuming you're Town:
You can choose to tell or not to tell the truth of your role, depends on how you want to play. Always keep in mind certain roles are prime target for Mafia so claiming things like Cop(can check players alignments) and Doctor(protect people at Night) paint a target on your back.
Basically, find those you can trust by examining their actions and claims because there isn't any harm to telling your role to someone that's confirmed as Town. Though obviously, there won't always be someone you're 100% sure is on your side so you'll have to gamble a bit.

If you're Mafia:
Obviously, you should never tell your full role and make up a fakeclaim instead. These are more specific and you'd have teammates to help you out.
Maybe a practice round for those of us who are unfamiliar? Better to have a hands on experience than to go blind and become frustrated (or at least from my perspective)
There isn't really a way to practice it like that, the best way is to play the game by yourself and learn from it.
Day 1 will be a good way for you to figure out how stuff works since it's the most calm of them all.
Why are there so many rules? Too many I can become lost easily
We've had some loophole abuse in the past so I assume it's to make sure every possibility is covered

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Vaan already explained but you need to attempt to prove that you're harmless and beneficial to the town, whether you're actually beneficial or not.

- Why are there so many rules? Too many I can become lost easily
Those are just standard mafia rules.

They aren't that complicated and you can catch on quick.

- Maybe a practice round for those of us who are unfamiliar? Better to have a hands on experience than to go blind and become frustrated (or at least from my perspective)
A practice round would take a looooooong time.

If anything I feel that Jojalole Jojalole should give you tips, like when I gave him some pointers on his first game. Would that be good AJ?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Assuming you're Town:
You can choose to tell or not to tell the truth of your role, depends on how you want to play. Always keep in mind certain roles are prime target for Mafia so claiming things like Cop(can check players alignments) and Doctor(protect people at Night) paint a target on your back.
Basically, find those you can trust by examining their actions and claims because there isn't any harm to telling your role to someone that's confirmed as Town. Though obviously, there won't always be someone you're 100% sure is on your side so you'll have to gamble a bit.

If you're Mafia:
Obviously, you should never tell your full role and make up a fakeclaim instead. These are more specific and you'd have teammates to help you out.

There isn't really a way to practice it like that, the best way is to play the game by yourself and learn from it.
Day 1 will be a good way for you to figure out how stuff works since it's the most calm of them all.

We've had some loophole abuse in the past so I assume it's to make sure every possibility is covered
So the choices I make will depends on how it will effect my game in the future: either I end up surviving, barely making it, or I'm gonna get Lucille'd

So if I'm in Mafia and let's say I'm a sharpshooter/sniper, I can just make up something that I'm a dude who own an engineering business? Just to keep my status unnoticed

Alright fair play on the rules there

Id touch you anyway you know I would ;)
Oh God so the rumors were true lmao

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So if I'm in Mafia and let's say I'm a sharpshooter/sniper, I can just make up something that I'm a dude who own an engineering business? Just to keep my status unnoticed
I think that's kore related to flavor. You'll have to think in terms of roles and abilities.
It's really dependable on what role you'd get and the common ones either have a Town counterpart(like Roleblocker which results in counter claims and get you lynched) or have well-known fakeclaims(again, Mafia Roleblocker sometimes claims they're a Jailer, a role that protects and roleblocks at the same time)
Again, only worry about that if you do get Mafia and you'll have teammates to help you with that.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It's a balancing act. Talk too much, and you run the risk of tripping over yourself in a lie. Talk too little and you'll look like you're hiding something. You want to maintain an air of plausible deniability without it seeming like you're being intentionally obfuscating.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
If anything I feel that Jojalole Jojalole should give you tips, like when I gave him some pointers on his first game. Would that be good AJ?
Yep! I'll do what you did with me, I'll explain like the whole game in the player PM. Hopefully I do a good job hahaha.

Right, so we are 17, more than ready to go. I still need Golden's approval on what role to cut, but the roles should start being sent today. Thank you all for your patience!

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
well i mean i said before how it could get 20 people and so could this one

but i'm surprised how fast we got it, i was expecting waiting a few more weeks

Top Bottom