• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't seem to get the MC from platform drop

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
One thing that might help is if you make sure they are not Homing Missiles, I'm pretty sure they come out a bit slower.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
New reply got me interested in reading the thread, where I read this early on (hopefully not misinterpreting it):

It seems now I can MC from platforms. However, I was wondering what is the most efficient way to do it between the twos:
1: Control stick down to fall under the platform -> control stick return to neutral -> then control stick right/left + side B
2: Control stick down to fall under the platform -> quarter circle the control stick to the left and the right and then, + B
There is a very simple reason you cannot do 2. The game allows only what it allows and quarter circles enter into the downward zone of the control stick which registers bombs before missiles, try different ways in which is most optimal and comfortable for you. There are of course other ways to do this aside from the 2 you mention, but that info in which you seek is already on these boards in which for you to use as a resource. Read through them and put in the time/effort to master your character.
It IS possible to do a quarter circle from down to left/right to do the platform drop into missile. It's how I do both this tech and shffm. One just needs to make sure you pass the lower diagonal corners before hitting B. From there, it's just a matter of going quickly so the game doesn't give you a homing missile.

Either way works equally well, in my opinion. I've taught several locals the tech and it's pretty 50/50 on how they end up moving the stick.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
New reply got me interested in reading the thread, where I read this early on (hopefully not misinterpreting it):

It IS possible to do a quarter circle from down to left/right to do the platform drop into missile. It's how I do both this tech and shffm. One just needs to make sure you pass the lower diagonal corners before hitting B. From there, it's just a matter of going quickly so the game doesn't give you a homing missile.

Either way works equally well, in my opinion. I've taught several locals the tech and it's pretty 50/50 on how they end up moving the stick.
My method is angle my thumb at a 45 degree angle, watch samus's feet for them to no longer have upward momentum from short hop, then the top part of my thumb, a quick flick downward just out of the dead zone, then with the bottom part of my thumb, i roll the joystick to the left or right. There is no circular motion, just a very small right (or left ;p) angle

Top Bottom