• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't live up to your idols

John Onefifteen

Smash Cadet
NNID
johnthejunebug
Anyone feel like a massive disappointment when you can't main your favorite smash players character? im a sheik main but my fav smashers are mang0 and westballz and I can't play falco or fox good enough to have them as my mains :sadsheep:
it sucks!

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Anyone feel like a massive disappointment when you can't main your favorite smash players character? im a sheik main but my fav smashers are mang0 and westballz and I can't play falco or fox good enough to have them as my mains :sadsheep:
it sucks!
I'm sure you can if you try hard enough. I BELIEVE IN YOU JOHN, JUST DO IT!

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
You're holding yourself back with that attitude. Just main whoever you enjoy playing as and train until you get good. My Falcon isn't as good as my Marth and Sheik but I'm not going to just give up. I'll keep playing him until I get good or until Melee stops being fun.

Just choose the character that fits you best. It's okay if your idols play different characters. In my experience, it's pretty difficult to choose which character you can make yourself best at

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
Play a character YOU think fits with your play style and that you enjoy. If you're doing decent with Sheik, then stick with it. Maybe once you improve your game, you could try learning spacies.

"mang0/westballz did X so that means I should too" lol no, you're your own person. You do you buddy.

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
You don't have to play who your idols play either. Play who is fun for you.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
If I can't play as their character then how else will senpai notice me?

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
If you play any character well then I think thats always fun to watch

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
I don't have any reason I play mains except that i've mained them since i played brawl. I don't want to be like someone, i want to be myself.

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
Hey there's people like me who aren't the best at the the game but slowly I'm getting waveshines and things of that nature, you just gotta grind it out and it's definitely worth it when you get the stylish Falco pillar combos down to a science.

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
Hey there's people like me who aren't the best at the the game but slowly I'm getting waveshines and things of that nature, you just gotta grind it out and it's definitely worth it when you get the stylish Falco pillar combos down to a science.
I used to dual main fox and falco. If I knew 5 months ago how to shine cancel, I would still be playing as spacies.

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
I used to dual main fox and falco. If I knew 5 months ago how to shine cancel, I would still be playing as spacies.
I just really like Falco as a character so I just couldn't drop him no matter how good or bad he is.

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
I just really like Falco as a character so I just couldn't drop him no matter how good or bad he is.
As fun as it was, I didn't want main them anymore, don't remember why? I ended up playing marth and falcon a lot and I started playing sheik.

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
As fun as it was, I didn't want main them anymore, don't remember why? I ended up playing marth and falcon a lot and I started playing sheik.
I'd love to play Falcon because of all the hype Hax$ and Scar and Wizzy and other Falcon combos but when I try I remember why I don't, I'm kinda trash with him lol.

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to play Falcon because of all the hype Hax$ and Scar and Wizzy and other Falcon combos but when I try I remember why I don't, I'm kinda trash with him lol.
Adjusting to melee falcon was really difficult and then I just got gud.

Top Bottom