• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't get Project M to work. Send Help!

Bearlift

Smash Rookie
So I just cannot get Project M to work.

When I hop into the stage builder, it boots up. It has the 4 Options of Play/Updates/About/Exit.

When I hit Play, it just backs out to the Home Screen of the Wii. I made sure it was fully updated. I've used both the Full set and Wifi Safe Hackless version. I've formatted my SD card multiple times, and tried different ones. It's only a 2 gb Card. I deleted the custom Stages it comes with.

If anyone has any idea of how I get through it, would love some help!

Rickdaddy

Smash Rookie
I am experiencing that issue as well but was getting different issues and getting a little further. It would freeze sometimes before loading gecko, it would get to project M play menu and go back to brawl version, it would made entire wii screen go black and do nothing unitl I rebooted. at one point i was about to start a match, the announcer said 3,2,1 and the game froze.

Troubleshooting as I have been reading this post and for the first time I am in battle and its actually working. I don't know if I reboot if I will have issues again but I believe the issue may be with the wii.

How old is your wii? I just bought a used one from gamestop and there are some marks on it, not sure if had anything to do with it. hopefully after I reboot it will load properly again.

Bearlift

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I actually got some help and figured it out. Apparently Mi Wii wouldn't read the Brawl disc fast enough, and it sends the wii back to the home screen because the launcher doesn't know what to do. So I had to replace the boot.elf item in the folder with the boot.elf from the geckos launcher. The Geckos launcher gives my wii a little more time to read the disc before it errors out, and if it does happen to error out, it doesn't go back to the home screen. I just have to click start game again.

TL;DR
My wii doesn't read Brawl fast enough, replace the Booter with the one from Geckos

Swedish Samurai

Smash Rookie
So i tried the whole gecko thing, but there is something i'm confused about. You said replace the boot.elf with the one from gecko. do you mean delete it and put the RSBE01.gtc in? or just put the RSBE01 in. My brother left the boot.elf, and put the RSBE01 in the codes folder. I'm just really trying to get it to work, we got it to work once, but only once, every other time it goes back to the wii menu screen after pressing play.

Top Bottom