• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't find anyone online in Smash: Sorta

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
So it's been a while since I last was here. I first registered to find out why I was having trouble finding anyone. Which turned out I was in banland, once I did a lot of research. I still don't know how I got in there, because I don't do anything frowned upon. Such as tag changes, spammy playstyles ect...

Anyway, I'm posting this thread to ask where everyone is in online smash. I mean I can still find people on for fun and for glory, but it's incredibly difficult to find a full team. I know I'm not in bandland, as I can still join both of those tournament features. Last time it wouldn't even allow me to do that. It would just give me a big white boxed message saying something along the lines of it being unavailable.

What normally happens is that I'll join a game (most times I go for for fun/team) and I might find a game with enough players already. I'll play the match and may or may not leave depending on if I enjoyed it.

If I do leave, the server will search for another set of players, but I'll enter a completely empty room. Repeat this a handful of times until I give up or finally find someone. Sometimes I'll be lucky and find three more players after slewing through several empty rooms, but most times I happen to find just another single player.

So I end up bailing on for fun/team and try fun/all and everything on for glory. Most times on fun/all it's nothing but taunt parties and I don't really like that. But almost every other mode/room is exactly the same. Except for glory/1vs1, but I rarely do that.

I don't think I'm in banland, but I might be...is anyone else having difficulty finding games? Is the Nintendo official server dying out to the other versions?

KirbCider

Smash Ace
So it's been a while since I last was here. I first registered to find out why I was having trouble finding anyone. Which turned out I was in banland, once I did a lot of research. I still don't know how I got in there, because I don't do anything frowned upon. Such as tag changes, spammy playstyles ect...
Firstly, it doesn't matter if you do anything bad at all.

The person can just not like your play-style, hate the character you pick, and heck you can even win or lose. It doesn't matter. Since reports are not actually checked people can literally report you just for the sake of doing it, and you will be sent to Smash Hell.

It's a really poor system and a lot of innocent people suffer for it sadly. I mean, it's nice they put in the system, but it's so bad.

Anyway, I'm posting this thread to ask where everyone is in online smash. I mean I can still find people on for fun and for glory, but it's incredibly difficult to find a full team. I know I'm not in bandland, as I can still join both of those tournament features. Last time it wouldn't even allow me to do that. It would just give me a big white boxed message saying something along the lines of it being unavailable.

What normally happens is that I'll join a game (most times I go for for fun/team) and I might find a game with enough players already. I'll play the match and may or may not leave depending on if I enjoyed it.

If I do leave, the server will search for another set of players, but I'll enter a completely empty room. Repeat this a handful of times until I give up or finally find someone. Sometimes I'll be lucky and find three more players after slewing through several empty rooms, but most times I happen to find just another single player.

So I end up bailing on for fun/team and try fun/all and everything on for glory. Most times on fun/all it's nothing but taunt parties and I don't really like that. But almost every other mode/room is exactly the same. Except for glory/1vs1, but I rarely do that.

I don't think I'm in banland, but I might be...is anyone else having difficulty finding games? Is the Nintendo official server dying out to the other versions?
Secondly, I wouldn't worry about that.

If you're able to find various opponents in For Glory and even in For Fun you are definitely not banned. I will say I've been having the same issue lately as well. It seems as if online traffic has slowed down a bit in Smash's Online Modes. One theory I can offer is perhaps people have gotten sick of Taunt Parties so they stopped trying to go into For Fun overall. Another thing I can suggest is school did start back up; however that wasn't really much of an issue before. Maybe people are just losing interest. Who knows?

But the Online Modes have seemed slightly emptier lately. It's certainly not because of Ban Land though. I wouldn't be finding a variety of opponents in For Glory if that was the case, and neither would you. Don't really know of an exact cause of it, so yeah...

Last edited:

Carbonedrums

Smash Rookie
Ive done a ton of research on this topic and started my own thread on it as well.

Basically, I spoke to a Nintendo Customer Service rep and was as polite as possible while explaining my situation (being in banland for the second time). He researched it for me and ended up basically saying that there's not any informations he's "allowed" to give me. However, I asked that my thoughts be recorded (that too many innocent people get sent to Smash hell and Nintendo should do something to change it) and sent to someone higher up the food chain. I've also considered starting a petition and sending it.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom