• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cant do any of falcon combos.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Try practicing against the Lvl. 9 CPU in Training Mode against a few different characters. After you have things down move on to a Lvl. 9 CPU in Smash Mode. You'll eventually have built a good feel for combos and strategy against many characters, so then try against human opponents offline or online. Playing human opponents will help you learn about different play-styles and force you to space more as you face off against more skilled players.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't lvl 9 CPUs literally airdodge or shield the second you begin your attack?

Maître Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't lvl 9 CPUs literally airdodge or shield the second you begin your attack?
Although I cannot say anything about how you may play Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U, or any other Smash game, but no. The level 9 CPU has always had a very linear play style, but it's good for practice. If you can consistently beat level 9 CPUs and they are of little challenge, it's definitely time to move on to human opponents for more difficult practice.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Although I cannot say anything about how you may play Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U, or any other Smash game, but no. The level 9 CPU has always had a very linear play style, but it's good for practice. If you can consistently beat level 9 CPUs and they are of little challenge, it's definitely time to move on to human opponents for more difficult practice.
The lvl 9s are no problem, but I find it very difficult to follow up a Dthrow with a Uair, as the second I start the Uair, they airdodge. Am I just not going it fast enough?

Maître Luigi

Smash Apprentice
The lvl 9s are no problem, but I find it very difficult to follow up a Dthrow with a Uair, as the second I start the Uair, they airdodge. Am I just not going it fast enough?
Yes, perform SDSH U-Air immediately after D-Throw at low percents and at higher percents U-Air becomes fairly easy and the timing is much less strict.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Don't forget that it's not actually "immediately after", it's a few frames DURING the end of the dThrow, @ Xzsmmc Xzsmmc . That's why it's called "buffering an attack". If you do it correctly, Falcon will dash and jump ASAP.

Maître Luigi

Smash Apprentice
BigLord said:
Don't forget that it's not actually "immediately after", it's a few frames DURING the end of the dThrow, @ Xzsmmc Xzsmmc . That's why it's called "buffering an attack". If you do it correctly, Falcon will dash and jump ASAP.
You cannot buffer D-Throw. You can only input commands after the D-Throw animation has completed.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
These combos only act as true combos at certain percentages. So like, Dthrow to knee works typically around 60 % for most characters. Dthrow---> uair -----> Knee is like 90 ish. Regardless, you can just bait out an air dodge and THEN punish with a knee. Don't do the exact same thing everytime you Dthrow or Nair. Mix it up

Top Bottom