• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't decide on who to vote for

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
I know we have a lot of time left, but I feel kind of pressured to make my vote count. I have 3 characters in mind and am trying to figure out who would be best

King.K.Rool - I love this guy, and he has had it coming for a long time now. That said when I think of everything he can do, I don't find his potential move set to be very exciting. He would also be another heavy weight, and while I love heavy weights and the more the merrier, they tend to kinda get crapped on competitively.

Simon Belmont - What a ridiculous amount of moves this guy could have. You got Cross boomerangs, holy water traps, axe throws, plus Castleveina is in my opinion one of the best franchises of the old Nintendo days, and I would love some representation plus a potential stage. That said he would be a super campy character based on his moves and that could be really boring.

Bayonetta - I have not played ether of her games, but my friend is a total fan boy of the series and wants her in smash above any one else. And from what he has told me, I could see her working as a rush down character with combo heavy potential, kinda similar to :4zss:. As for the mature thing, they can just tone her down a bit in the language department, and avoid using moves that leave her almost stark naked. The only awkward thing I see with her is her properties, I mean she is really tall, taller than :4ganondorf:.

Any one willing to give two cents?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Out of the 3 you listed there, K.Rool sounds like the most likely one to be added, but you really should just vote for whoever you want.

And by that I mean vote for Wonder Red

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Thinking through things, I'd say K.Rool has the most chance out of the 3 to make it in. He's Nintendo property, so licensing isn't going to be an issue like it is for Simon or Bayonetta and Sakurai mentioned that he wasn't too keen on adding more 3rd party characters to the roster in older interviews. With Bayonetta, they could tone down the language and transformations but how would her final smash work? In the game her torture attacks and finishers are usually both gloriously gore filled and very sexual, and anything but their strongest attacks would be believable for it. (One of her torture attacks is ripping a female angel in half via one of those ladies riding machines, and no I don't remember the name. Hard to see Ninty being ok with that for a fate for ZZS.)

Simon Belmont will probably be just too hard to get Konami to play ball. They haven't really been Nintendo focused this gen, and with their house in slight disarray due to head developers leaving it may be a matter of the stars not aligning right for him to get in. Abilities wise I can see him being far more likely to make it than Bayonetta.

Personally, I'd like Bayo or Simon to make it but realistically I don't see them having any more of a chance to make it in than Cloud Strife.

Skjoett

Smash Cadet
I would say K. Rool, since you love him and he has a pretty good chance of making the cut. I also disagree with him having a bad moveset, it could be really inspired by his different boss fights throughout DKC and 64. That he probably will be a bad competetive player is, at least for me, completely irrelevant. He should just be a really strong KO character, that would be a blast to play with. Kinda like King Dedede is.

PumbaasBFF

Smash Rookie
NNID
PumbaasBFF
The answer to this problem is and will forever be to just vote for Sora. He is already in the flash version of the game, and has the potential of being an amazing fighter in this game. He'd have the same range as lucina, but he'd have magic like robin. He'd probably be slower and more floaty (have you ever jumped in Kingdom Hearts?) than either of them.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
The answer to this problem is and will forever be to just vote for Sora. He is already in the flash version of the game, and has the potential of being an amazing fighter in this game. He'd have the same range as lucina, but he'd have magic like robin. He'd probably be slower and more floaty (have you ever jumped in Kingdom Hearts?) than either of them.
Not sure Sora has a good chance. He's a Square Enix character, which is a company with almost no representation in the game (And with how big of a thing Smash is, there may be a reason for that). Whether or not he's in Flash is irrelevant since none of that data matters for the development of said character to Sakurai's team. (They'd make the character their way, so he would probably be extremely different than his flash counter part) That and they may also have to fight with Disney for some of the rights as well since KH is co-owned by the two companies.

He's got about the same chance getting in as Simon, thinking about it logically. He'd be a cool character, I agree, but the only way I'd see it being more than a ghost of a chance is if SE announced they were releasing a KH game for the Wii U. (Means they already have negotiations for stuff open with Nintendo, so it would be more likely)

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Even if Simon and Bayonetta would be good fighters and had potential, there is only a damn low chance, they will be added.
So i would say you should not "waste" your vote and vote K rool.
But in the end you have to decide.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
I actually forgot about Sora and have always wanted him. Hmmmm, this has become a much harder process now! The only problem is Sora is onnected to Disney, he has the Micky mouse key chain after all, so getting the rights to him would be a tall order.

Last edited:

PumbaasBFF

Smash Rookie
NNID
PumbaasBFF
Not sure Sora has a good chance. He's a Square Enix character, which is a company with almost no representation in the game (And with how big of a thing Smash is, there may be a reason for that). Whether or not he's in Flash is irrelevant since none of that data matters for the development of said character to Sakurai's team. (They'd make the character their way, so he would probably be extremely different than his flash counter part) That and they may also have to fight with Disney for some of the rights as well since KH is co-owned by the two companies.

He's got about the same chance getting in as Simon, thinking about it logically. He'd be a cool character, I agree, but the only way I'd see it being more than a ghost of a chance is if SE announced they were releasing a KH game for the Wii U. (Means they already have negotiations for stuff open with Nintendo, so it would be more likely)
But they have KH games on GBA, DS, and 3DS. Animal Crossing was a DS game and they put it in smash. I realize thats a nintendo game but my point is that they may not need a Wii U KE game to put him in the game.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
Like "TheBazry64" said, vote on K. Rool instead of wasting your vote on someone who most likely won't get in
You see if every one thinks like that, than there will be no shot of any odd ball characters getting in. I say there is really no wrong answer, as long as you are satisfied with it.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
But they have KH games on GBA, DS, and 3DS. Animal Crossing was a DS game and they put it in smash. I realize thats a nintendo game but my point is that they may not need a Wii U KE game to put him in the game.
Again the problem is the licensing, Sora has been more than qualified to enter the games for a while now. Its just that they have to get rights from both Square and Disney to pull it off. Disney being the tough one because of how massive they are, bigger than any game company I can think of. And the copy right has always been a bit dodgy with them

Skjoett

Smash Cadet
Well you decide of course, I'm not holding you back. For me though it sounds like you would wan't them all in equally much, so wouldn't it make sense to just support the character with the greatest chance of getting in? :-)

Last edited:

Ninpalk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ninpalk
3DS FC
2148-8192-8931
According to the SSB facebook page, they want you to vote only Nintendo characters...also, you technically can vote once an hour.

Top Bottom