• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't come up with a nickname

Literallynoidea

Smash Rookie
so like im planning to go to tournaments soon but i have literally no idea what my nickname should be.

How do you guys get your names?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I got my name from an Elder Scrolls Breton name generator.

My nickname use to be Aura but that was only in short. Aurane had Aura in it, which I thought was pretty cool, so I stuck with it.

My advice? Look at what you like, and try to form a name around it.

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
so like im planning to go to tournaments soon but i have literally no idea what my nickname should be.

How do you guys get your names?
People typically pick an actual word that sounds cool and use that. Other times people use their own name if it's rare enough. And still other times people name themselves after something else. But you don't want to do that. You want to truly stand out.

How to do this? Think of some iconic gamertags used over the years. See how many you can filter out with the above criteria in mind. What is one left with? For example: LowTierGod. The name is at this point entirely ironic and descriptive of nothing but the man himself. But boy, it's iconic. What is a 'leffen'? I have no idea:
leffen
39 points·4 years ago
It's a funny story, haha. My friend had an old warcraft 3 account, that I took over, and it just stuck with me since. I actually hate the name "leffen", but at least its short, doesn't have any numbers in it (thank god), easy to pronounce and fairly unique so I simply cba to change it hehe :>
But the only 'leffen' I know is this one.

So you at least have two extremes you can choose from---a name with an exceptionally clear meaning, or a name with no meaning at all. Consider that.

Qina

Smash Rookie
I went by Q&A or QnA once in a while. Someone pronounced it Qina one time and it stuck with me.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You didn't ask for suggestions? Sure, here you go:

- Body Snatcher in the Rye
- Hella Big Extremities
- Booty Call, the Butt Dialer
- Reckless Flailing Smasher Guy
- Larry the Laxative Eater
- Manic Depression (everyone will be "vs." this)
- Punches when Losing
- Hobo Mack Cadillac
- Snow White Privilege and the Seven Vertically Challenged Americans
- T-rex the Bunny

...and my personal favorite.~

- Dodongo

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Well, let's get the obvious suggestions out of the way...

XXX_Sephiroth420_XXX
Family Guy Funny Moments
Samus from Overwatch
NATO Potato
Okay-47
Bread Eggs Cheese Milk
Racially Insensitive Powder
Old Man Leeroy Jenkins
Three Raccoons in a Trench Coat
The Last Jedi Reviews On Yelp
Wait A Minute That's Not A Nickname You're Just Repeating My Search History Sir What Kind Of Scam Tournament Do You Think I'm Running
Squidward Dies In Infinity War

Alternatively, if you're feeling a bit more experiential...

Big Bossa Nova
Unfunny Valentine
Weird Al Capone
Stan Lee Parable
Freddy Crocker
Anderson Cooler
Duck Nukem
Reyn Johnson

Last edited:

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
what ever you name it just make sure you don't regret it,

stuff can stick to you like glue.

UpgradeX

Smash Cadet
Take it from a movie or book character you like. If you like Task Master a good name can be Tasker.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I was naming a Barbarian in Diablo 2 and "grizby" sounded pretty cool to me. and the name stuck with me ever since.

most of my friends tend to use something that they've commonly used in the past, so try combing your childhood memories.

PheonixScale9094

Smash Rookie
Just don’t do something which you would regret like
xXFunnyMemesXx
Or
XpertSmasher

I personally have been using this alias for ages. I had to choose a name for some website and this was one of the options, then when I created my Minecraft account a few days later I decided to use it there, but if course 10 yo me misspelled it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom