• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't charge Meta Knight's dsmash with Z.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
Don't know if anyone is having this problem. I like to start smash attacks with the c-stick and charge with Z. For whatever reason it's not possible with MK's dsmash. Starting with the c-stick and charging with A doesn't work either.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
I use smash attacks the same way and I can perform a charged down smash through this method.
Try tightening your timing on both A/Z to align with the c-stick down. MK's down smash has fast startup so your timing should be very quick.

hi im 47

Smash Cadet
It's not that it's bugged, but the timing is just more difficult then a lot of other characters. Practice a bit and maybe you'll get it.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
There is a certain frame for each attack where the game starts reading whether or not you are actually holding down the button to charge. For slow moves like Bowser's f-smash, this point happens later (frame 20 for Bowser f-smash). For fast moves, this point comes much sooner. In the case of MK's d-smash, this is actually frame 1! That means you need to hit the c-stick and z button at the same time for this to work. It is VERY strict timing in this case!

Top Bottom