• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't change any textures, songs, or stages.

PremierPikachu

Smash Rookie
I have added a few textures and songs but they won't appear in the game. The only added textures and songs that play are the ones that came with P:M. Is there a way to fix this?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
It would be better if you say what have you done specifically

PremierPikachu

Smash Rookie
I am using Riivolution to play P:M. I tried to put in different character textures into their respective folders like "FitKoopa03" in the koopa folder. That doesn't work though. It works on normal brawl but not P:M. The only textures that I am able to replace are ones that Project M has already changed like the purple Marth or the shiny Charizard for instance. The same thing goes for songs. I know I am putting all of the files in all the correct places because it works on vanilla brawl, but for some reason not on P:M.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
What file path are you using? Riivolution with Project M has you put them in sd:/brawlmods/texture/fighter/<character>, unless they are already replaced by ProjectM then they go to sd:/brawl/projectm/fighter/. So characters like Sonic, Charizard, Game&Watch would all be replaced at the second link. While someone like Pikachu would be replaced at the first path. Then you have characters like Marth where you have to split the files between the two if you wish to cover them all.

PremierPikachu

Smash Rookie
Well that fixes my texture problems :) But what about replacing songs? I still can't replace any songs except the ones that were changed for P:M already.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
Just make those files based off of the sd:/brawlmods/ path, and it should work as normal (unless of course it's a song replaced by Project M already.)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Riivolution .xml isn't equipped for custom content. Our concern with the Riivolution release is allowing you to play Project M and nothing more. If you'd like to use custom content, please use the Gecko OS option.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
Oh sorry, the path is "music" where you have "sound".
The Riivolution .xml isn't equipped for custom content. Our concern with the Riivolution release is allowing you to play Project M and nothing more. If you'd like to use custom content, please use the Gecko OS option.
I've had no issues with using customized content on Riivolution. Just making it work is slightly different than for Gecko OS.

Top Bottom