• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't beat samous nor sheik

6th Sense

Smash Lord
hmmm I actually love fighting these characters!! (except HugS' Samus XD) but um..

Samus-all I can say is spam lasers and dont 4get about the d-tilt!! dont reflect missles of course

Sheik-spam lasers like always and also spam your d-smash!! Always edgehog sheik because she has lots of lag upon recovery of her vanish....

hope i helped

Endurance

Smash Apprentice
Well, with sheik those can be easy. Anybody can master sheik with ease, and that's the solution. Take a minute, or a little while to master sheik's moves and fighting style.
After you do that, you'll know what to do to evade those kind of attacks with the character your
using.

And how are you having problem's fighting samus? I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I find people who use samus to be quite easy, or computer controlled players are easy aswell.
Just keep practicing..

6th Sense

Smash Lord
that was good advice on fighting sheik! umm 4got to mention.. use alot of characters to you know how to fight them.. because you kinda of have to fight everybody a kittke different w/ Falco... (suprised you dont have trouble with Peach lol)

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Falco has some huge advantages over Samus (reflector, shl, speed, dtilt, fsmash) Due to samus being so light its easy to finish her at around 120-130 with a dtilt or fmash. If you get her off the ledge but she survives by bomb jumping, full jump repeated lasers and you will gver her much trouble. Then it just becomes a matter of mindgaming/predicting the grapple recovery/ UpB, both or which you can use Dair to prevent. Samus is one of falcos easiest match ups.

As for shiek, this one is alot more even. Both falco and shiek have rediculously good ability to use the platforms in some stages. The biggest problem against shiek is obviously the Fair when you try to recover and the fact that she can tilt combo yu to oblivion. As 6th Sense said, abuse the lag from her Up B. Since sheik players are usually very offensive, try to mindgame the shiek into using a dash attack or SHFFL via dash dancing/wave dancing and you can get a combo off or even grab her. It just comes down to a matter of skill after that.

bobknob

Smash Cadet
best thing to do is watch youtube videos
dav3 vs wes has good anti samus techniques
also watch dav3 + zang vs wes/some shiek
there's a part at the end of one where zang does 1v1 with wes and he shows how to fight against samuses intelligently; this involves lots of SHL spam, pretending like you're going for the attack but then backing up and resuming shl spam, and then go in for the attack when samus doesn't expect it
if you're predictable against samus you'll eat up B

Truedge930

Smash Apprentice
I would suggest playing Samus a few times, getting a hang of what you can do with the bomb jumps, up B out of shield when to expect it being used that sort of thing. Most Samus players I play against tend to lay a bomb as sort of a bit of a cover, spam a few missiles and lead themselves into aerials, etc. it's up to you to counter it with lasers, shine combo works up to about 50-60% and then it's about doing enough damage to go in for the KO.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Well, with sheik those can be easy. Anybody can master sheik with ease, and that's the solution. Take a minute, or a little while to master sheik's moves and fighting style.
After you do that, you'll know what to do to evade those kind of attacks with the character your
using.

And how are you having problem's fighting samus? I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I find people who use samus to be quite easy, or computer controlled players are easy aswell.
Just keep practicing..
The best person I play against's main is Samus. He is rediculous.

a yellow turkey

Smash Cadet
i have trouble playing samus also :/

there so annoying

maybe its just because im to careless when playing against her

but when i spam lasers i do do alot better against her :D

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
I still can't beat samus she is too hard. I could KO her a couple of times but I always get beat especially against my rival that uses samus and he doesn't belive in "advance tactics." It's always the same I can't combo her, she always shoots the charged ball and then the missile, when I get close she uses down A, when I try to pillar her she always uses up A, and I dunno why but I always get nervous against samus, just because of her I got 4th which I didn't get at least $50 in the last tourney. The only thing I know is that lasers work out alot but hell can I do something else, anyone, advice???? O and one thing that alot of samus a play against is the tackle samus does when she does forward A, I always block the first one but she always gets me the second or third time. **** I am pissed off!!!

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
**** try using a different character against her. dats wat i hav 2 do. i use marth sense its easy to block da missles n u don't hav to get 2 close

BKrkr

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5303-3831-5621
Well all the samus' I've played always try to trap me into attacking close after spamming weak>weak>strong>weak>strong missiles, most times in that order. SHL is really the best opening strategy, but what I don't think you're doing is the all important mind game. Dash in then wd back then shl a little more, then fake a d-air over them, aerial dodging behind them (make them do the d-smash basically). If you do this a few times you'll make them think this is your strategy, and they should have a higher per. than you right (shl)?

Jump canceled shines and pillars are your best friends here, but when are they not?d-throw>a punch>throw>a punch>throw etc. will annoy and wrack up some nice quick damage. Some characters get up behind you after you punch after d-throw, so quickly turn around and grab and repeat.

Samus is never hard for me though, but it sounds fun beating her up in a tourney :) Hope that helped.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i dont see anything that hard about playing against a samus. just shl while moving forward and back then after a while of shooting go in for an attack and try land a few combos. and then fsmash. AND YOU WIN!

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
I definitely agree with falco_4_life. It really isn't easy. This is the hardest matchup for me. My advice is to use shl a lot and when use shine samus, jump out and do an u-air to put some damage on them. Another thing you can try is shorthopping and shine them and immediately jump out and do a d-air to spike them down.

flaco

The Terminator
Can somebody give me advice how to beat a samus?? or a annoying sheik, in tourneys i always have trouble with them. I would greatly appreciated.
Well I assume you use falco anyway um your best beat is too abuse the shl to punisher or the pillar combo but for samus projectiles use the shine to reflect and use the shine combos.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i dont hav any problems with samus or sheik. but peach OMG. her stupid dsmash. even when im not crouching it still hits me and does like 40 or more %. and the person i play abuses it . and i just die.

flaco

The Terminator
Trust me abuse the shl or better yet do double shl and it will be a pice of cake and for here projectiles evade them or use your shine and dont forget about the shine combos and the pillar combos

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Trust me abuse the shl or better yet do double shl and it will be a pice of cake and for here projectiles evade them or use your shine and dont forget about the shine combos and the pillar combos
but when i get in close enough to shine combo. he wus blok iy and grab too quikly for me to react. and then dthrow and then dsmash. and i use the shl alot but then he throw them turnips and chrages and dsmahes sum more. it aint easy u know.

flaco

The Terminator
well the shine combos start by the drill if he shields then l cancel to shine then he cant grab you falcos game is hard but it pays off evrytime you drill or try a shine combo and he shields then l cancel to shine is hard but is worth it trust me I have been pillared enough by my brother lol.Then back off and punished him with the shl.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Falco has some huge advantages over Samus (reflector, shl, speed, dtilt, fsmash) Due to samus being so light its easy to finish her at around 120-130 with a dtilt or fmash. If you get her off the ledge but she survives by bomb jumping, full jump repeated lasers and you will gver her much trouble. Then it just becomes a matter of mindgaming/predicting the grapple recovery/ UpB, both or which you can use Dair to prevent. Samus is one of falcos easiest match ups.

As for shiek, this one is alot more even. Both falco and shiek have rediculously good ability to use the platforms in some stages. The biggest problem against shiek is obviously the Fair when you try to recover and the fact that she can tilt combo yu to oblivion. As 6th Sense said, abuse the lag from her Up B. Since sheik players are usually very offensive, try to mindgame the shiek into using a dash attack or SHFFL via dash dancing/wave dancing and you can get a combo off or even grab her. It just comes down to a matter of skill after that.
Dude, Samus isn't light. She's one of the heaviest characters.

flaco

The Terminator
ok if you know her strategy dont fall for it reflect it back bro use the shine also your best bet is the shl thats falcos game

Top Bottom